Who's that Cinderella?

No POV

At the precise time of midnight. Ash and his family were traveling inside a black stretched limo, sitting in the backseat by resting their backs. Heading to Lumiose hotel, which is a place filled with lots of rich citizens and money come into one party, even awards ceremony take place in each year.

Ash slouched in his passenger seat and slowly turned his head over his shoulder as he stares out at the clear window watching streets go past before his cola eyes. He didn't feel like going to it, but he rather wanted to see Serena there.

When they finally arrived. The black, stretched limo carefully parked its way between each limos without any crash. When it did, Ash and his family step out of the transport and head towards the hotel entrance with other aged people entering.

Ash POV

Despite the fact that dad was so eager to be the first person to arrive, when we entered the Lumiose hotel foyer, there was already a large crowd of invited guests milling around, chatting to one another. I wondered whether all these early birds were being honoured too, or if they just liked to arrive at events half an hour before start time.

Once we got to the grand ballroom and were ushered to our table for five by an overeager employee, who obviously wanted a tip by the end of the night, dad was swept up by a group of expensively dressed business men and was taken to the nearest bar. A few seconds later, Hope, after entrusting Leaf to my care, took off with a bunch of housewives to stand in a corner and talk about people's outfits. I'm sure I was the main point of conversation, but I didn't give a crap. I was wearing Nike sneakers, after all.

Friends of my father kept coming up to 'chat' with me and Leaf, thinking that it would get them into dad's good books. They had no way of knowing that I was persona non grata right now.

"What time Serena gonna be here, Ash?" Leaf asked me, inquisitively looking up into my tanned straight face. I leaned forward just to hear her squeak voice since the whole room is louder than her making it harder for me to listen.

"I don't know, princess. Probably soon," I told her, smoothing back her brown hair from her crease forehead.

She smiled at me. "Are you excited, Ash?" she wanted to know.

Nodding honestly, I grinned down at her. I was excited, even though I still wasn't quite sure why. "I sure am."

"Me too." Leaf twirled again on same spot and her pink dress fluttered around her legs. "Do you think she'll like my dress?"

I tugged playfully on a ringlet of her hair. "Course she will," I assured her. "Anyone normal would love your dress, princess."

Leaf beamed. "I need to go bathroom," she whispered furtively without getting anyone's attention, looking around to make sure that no one was listening. "Can you come with me? Please?"

"I'll come with you, but I'm not going in with you," I joked, waving my finger in her face as she giggled. "Can you imagine what the ladies would say?" I questioned with a grin.

A grave expression on her face, Leaf nodded in agreement. "Yeah, that's not a good idea. You can just wait for me outside."

She slipped her small hand into mine and I let her lead me to the bathrooms, dodging past each people In our way. As Leaf reached up to open the heavy door leading to the Ladies Room, it manually opened from the inside and Misty and Miette stepped out, chatting rapidly.

Miette's eyes sparkled as she saw me. "Ash! Hi!" she exclaimed as she walks towards me, throwing her arms around my neck and enveloping me in her expensive strong perfume.