A Girl talk

Serena POV

"OMG!" A voice screamed into my ears, causing me to listen to a screeching sound for a second.

I held my cell phone away from my ear before I could be deafened by May's uncharacteristic scream, giggling uncontrollably as I plopped myself onto my creaky neat bed in my dark bedroom. Obviously, May was just about as excited as I was about the news I had just finished telling her and Dawn about via three-way calling. Probably even more.

"Ash asked you to the gala! I can't believe it!" she exclaimed like a fangirl. Probably, she like us to be together.

I continued to giggle at May's enthusiastic reaction to my great news. Although Ash had dropped me off about an hour ago, the lone fact that he, of all people, had asked me, of all people to be his date for the gala still hadn't sunk in.

I smiled at the spot where Ash had pinched me while we were still on top of the Lumiose tower. Even though it had faded, it was still a reminder that I hadn't been dreaming and Ash had indeed asked me out.

Asked you to the gala, you mean. As a friend. Don't forget that.

"I totally knew he'd ask you," the 'unflappable' Dawn said calmly on cell phone.

I rolled my eyes as a irritated May exclaimed, "No you didn't! You were the one who was fixing him up with gazelles or whatever her name is!"

"It's Giselle," Dawn simply said, sounding as though May ought to have remembered the girls name at least. I glowed red on my smooth cheeks. Ash chose me over flirty Giselle! "And I did that because I knew that would push him to ask Serena." She informed. I could even sense she was grinning, holding on to a hearty laugh.

"No you didn't." May retorted.

While they were bickering on cell phone. I pulled off my black long socks and put it in empty basket near by, trying to think how Dawn telling Ash to take Giselle to the gala made him take me instead.

"How?" I had to ask. That doesn't make any sense at all to me.

"Never mind how. The important thing is that it worked, didn't it?" Dawn said airily and I grinned wryly. Whatever Dawn's plan was to get Ash to ask me to the gala, it didn't matter because I was officially going with him.

May groaned and I could imagine her punching her pillow. "I can't believe she's trying to take the credit for this! Dawnie, you're so shameless!"

"I gave him a shove in the right direction," Dawn continued, sounding as smug as ever as May gave a mocking growl.

I shook my head with a cheerful
grin on my young un-makeup face as I said, "So I guess I should thank you then," as May spluttered wordlessly.

It was supposed to be sarcastic, but sometimes Dawn just doesn't get sarcasm. This was one of the times. "Yeah, you're welcome," she said gaily.

"Dawnie, you are so lucky you're nowhere near me right now," May threatens.

In an attempt to keep things from escalating into a phone brawl. I respond In curios, "But guys, do you think he's for real?"

Okay, so avoiding an argument between May and Dawn wasn't the real reason I changed the subject. Since Ash dropped me off home. Come to think of it, since he asked me to the gala, I'd been plagued by doubts. Although Ash had said that his friends wouldn't do anything if he showed up with me.

Memories of that day in the penthouse still stuck with me. If Calem and Misty had torn into me unprovoked, I could only imagine what they would do if I showed up at the gala, as Ash's date. Something told me I didn't want to find out.