Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Katniss' POV

"Up,up,up! The train docks in an hour."

This is the last time I'll have to listen to Effie every morning. (A/N haha no it's not. lol sorry.)

I rise out of bed with a smile for once. The train docked in an hour. I was going home. I quickly threw on a simple outfit and made the bed. As I walked past the mirror I noticed I was showing, like a lot. I couldn't let Prim or my mother see that! Gale would be pretty pissed off as well. I mean I had to tell them at one point, just at the right time. As I shake my head and mumble to myself I dig through trying to find a better shirt. They're all either too tight or too revealing! Typical capital style. I groaned as I heard another knock on the door.

"Katniss?"

"Come in." I say as I continue to search.

"Effie says-" he's cut off as he looks at the pile of clothing I threw around. "What's this?"

"I need to find a shirt that hides my bump better." I say in a stern tone.

Peeta smiles and begins laughing.

"What?!" I ask completely annoyed.

"Katniss....you can't exactly hide it."

"Are you implying I'm fat?" I ask with my hands on my hips.

"No,no! I'm just saying-"

"Mhmm...I'd watch yourself,Peeta."

He smiles. "C'mon Katniss, let's clean this up."

After the clothes are folded and put back into the drawers, I throw on another layer. It does hide it a bit more. Peeta and I walk out and watch out the window for District 12 to appear.

"How do I tell everyone?" I ask.

"I don't know....but I'll be with you."

"Don't you have to tell your parents too?"

"Yeah,It shouldn't be too bad...I hope."

"I'll be there with you."

As soon as we go through the dark tunnel me and Peeta look at each other and smile. We're here.

Everything felt so fast. We said goodbye to Effie, waved to other people from the district and walked to the victors village.

"I should tell my family first. But not now." I say. He nods.

"I'll see you later...unless you want to come over."

"I'll pass for now." He says. I nod and hug him before dashing to my house. I stood on the porch and turned the golden doorknob slowly. I stepped in and slowly shut the door behind me. I smiled as the familiar scent of home hit my nose.

"Katniss!" Prim squealed from the kitchen. She skipped through the hall and hugged me tightly.

"I missed you, little duck." I say as I hug her back.

"I missed you too." She says as she buries her head into my chest.

"Katniss." My mother says quietly. "We missed you. How was your tour?"

"Fine. How was life around here?" I answer while gently releasing Prim.

"Fairly well." She says in a hushed voice.

"I picked some fresh strawberries." Prim says.

"That's great. You know what that would be good with?"