Chapter 15

For some reason, I made this a really long chapter. Sorry!

__________

Chapter 15
Katniss' POV

I woke up with a bit better feeling about today. I was almost home.

Sure enough, Peeta was still fast asleep next to me. He looks like he never left and knowing him he probably didn't. I adjusted myself so I could study his rich features. Through his light t-shirt you could see his muscular chest, looking up I could see his perfect face. I could hear the slight snores as his chest went up and down with his breathing pace.

His arm was carefully draped across my stomach and the other under my head. Almost,in a way, he was cradling me. As my eyes slowly rested on my stomach I noticed the severe growth. I didn't look quite pregnant, I just looked a bit...fatter. I sighed and looked back at Peeta's sleeping face. After a minute or two I felt the familiar twinge in my stomach and crawled carefully out of Peeta's arms and dashed to the bathroom. Glad to see this is back...

Weakly standing up after about a minute, I rinsed out my mouth and walked back to bed. I smirk as I look to see Peeta is still asleep. I better wake him, it's getting late. I gently shook him and whispered his name. "Peeta....Peeta get up."

His eyelids fluttered and he sat up immediately. "Katniss? Are you okay? What's wrong?" He asks with a worried expression.

"Nothing. I'm fine....But it's 10:00."

"Huh, wonder why Effie hasn't woken us."

"I don't know."

"Did you sleep well?" He asks while getting up and making his side of the bed.

"Surprisingly yes. I don't think I even had any dreams or nightmares..."

"That's good. I guess.." He says looking around my room.

"Well...I'm going to get ready so I'll see you later..or soon...?" I say unsurely and quietly.

"Mhmm." He says before exiting quietly. I can't help but laugh. Even the simplest things he did made me laugh.

It's hard to believe I ever faked my love to him. I mean, I did what I had to. Now I know he really cares about me, he isn't acting like I was. I feel bad for breaking his heart and twisting his soul and I feel the only way to repay him for the deeds he has done for me is to give in. I feel empty and alone without him, he understands me like no other person does. It is now easy to say the three words I had said with little passion, it was only to protect my family and Panem. But I don't have to act anymore, I really do love the boy with the bread.

If only our world was different,and I was older and calmer of course,then I would be ecstatic to bring these two into the world. But right now all I can feel is fright. I fear what can happen, anything can happen here in lovely Panem.

But I know killing them isn't the solution. They should be given a chance and they will be given that chance to live as an innocent. I will not let them be punished for my actions or Snow's. I will protect them with my life.

---------

"Alright Katniss. Let's get you ready for the presidential palace!" Octavia exclaims although she lacks excitement.

"Come Katniss, sit right here and we'll get to work." Flavius says gesturing to the same chair. I obey and sit down and take the hair tie out of my hair from earlier today letting my dark hair fall slowly from its position as it cascades to the middle of my back.

Venia,Octavia,and Flavius work quietly with a little chatter now and then.

"You know you guys don't have to be so afraid. I'm okay." I say hesitantly. I really didn't want to go down this road but I couldn't stand the awkward silence any longer.