Chapter 9

I just want to say thank you so much for reading and voting! It seriously made my day when I saw the amount of reads and votes. So I'm updating! :)

❤️AppleDapple❤️

____________

Chapter 9

Katniss' POV

I look over to Peeta who has mixed expressions.

Twins?

Twins?!

"Please....don't tell anyone. Please!" I beg.

"Of course not. It's not my business anyway.." She says in a soft tone.

Peeta squeezes my hand.

"So you're about...ahh 16, 17 weeks along. There's 40 total."

"Okay..." I sigh.

"It looks like we may be able to tell the genders. Would you like to know?"

I looked to Peeta.

"Isn't it a little early for that?" I ask.

"I can just barely tell.So I may be wrong." She answers.

"Then I guess we can wait a bit..." I say nodding to Peeta.

"Okay...I'm sure you'll be either home or in the capital when you would need to come in again. So it was nice to see two." She says with a smile.

"Thank you. And please don't tell anyone. We're waiting for the right time." I say urgently.

"No,no I would never! It's the patient's decision." She says still smiling.

"Thank you." Peeta and I say before walking out into the main room which was still empty....wow, this is a great place. "No need to pay. I can let you two slide." The lady behind the desk says. I nod and me and Peeta head back upstairs to our suite in silence.

"Katniss! Peeta! You two almost missed dinner! You're just in time, now sit down." Effie scolds. Were we really there for that long? I sit in a chair next to Peeta and across from Effie and Haymitch. Cinna and Portia sat at the ends of the table. Dinner comes and we all eat and have a small talk about the capital party. Everyone is so excited, well not everyone.

"So....Katniss-" Oh great, now I'm going to have to tell everyone the news. Again. I'd really love it if they stayed out of my personal life. "How'd it go?" Cinna asks lightly.

"Fine." I say not bothering to look up from my plate.

"Did you find out the gender?" Portia squeals.

"No."

"What are you going to do with it?" Effie asks bluntly.

"Eat it." I answered sarcastically.

Haymitch lets out a laugh and looks at Effie's confused face.

"I don't really think we should talk about this right now..." Peeta speaks up. "Katniss obviously doesn't want to."

I smile a thankful smile to him. They all sigh an "okay" and go to back to their silly capital talk. I turn to Peeta.

"Thank you for shutting them up." I say with a smile.

"Anytime!" He says. I laugh.

"I'm going to go. I'm really exhausted from today." I say quietly.

"Okay. Will you be alright?" He asks.

"Yeah, yeah. I just need some alone time." I say quickly.

"Okay. I love you Katniss no matter what." He says. I nod and stand up to walk out, ignoring Effie's displeased face. I wasn't supposed to leave the table without permission. Oh well. I walk slowly to my room and swing the door open. It's perfect....everything is straight, the bed is made, the floor is visible. Then I remember I haven't even been in my room yet, I was in Peeta's most of the day. I let out a sigh as I threw myself onto the bed. My mind was still racing.