Caught Out

Betty had been continuing to try and spend as little time at home as possible. Any time her parents did actually talk to each other it always ended in a vicious argument. She honestly couldn't see any way back from this.

At the same time she was trying to support Polly through her pregnancy. Among all the drama that had been going on, Polly revealed that she was in fact having twins- providing some good news among everything that had happened.

Fortunately they could both count on the support of Veronica. As far as the brunette was concerned, she loved Betty and Polly was Betty's sister, so she wanted to be there for her as well. Polly certainly appreciated it.

Betty was home alone and lying on her bed when she heard a knock at the door. She said: "come in" and in walked Veronica, who said: "I snuck in when I knew your mum was out". Betty ran up to Veronica and pulled her into a hug, before giving her a soft but passionate kiss.

Their lips only parted when air became an issue. Betty joked: "your mum says I'm a good influence on you, but you're a bad influence on me". Veronica replied: "yeah and you love it" before giving her girlfriend a seductive look and pulling her into another kiss.

This time the kiss was even more passionate than the previous one as the girls were lost in each other and didn't notice when someone else came in the room. Noticing the two girls, Alice yelled: "what the hell is going on" and the girls sprung apart.

While Veronica decided it was best to remain silent, Betty said: "I'd say it's pretty obvious what's going on. Me and Veronica are together. I'm a lesbian and she is my girlfriend". When Alice said: "you don't know what you're talking about. Anyway, why her?" Betty got angry.

The blonde said: "I know exactly what I'm talking about. Veronica actually supports me, she doesn't try to control me like you do. I've spent my whole life trying to be the person everyone expects me to be but I'm not living a lie any more. If you can't accept that Veronica is my girlfriend then we are done".

Veronica said: "I think I'd better go, I'll text you later". Betty kissed her and said: "OK see you later". When Veronica got home she explained the situation to Hermione and asked: "if she needs to is it OK if Betty stays here for a while?" Hermione replied: "Betty is welcome any time, for as long as she likes".

As Betty and Alice continued to argue, Betty got a text from Veronica saying: "mom says you're welcome to stay here". Betty texted back: "I'm on my way" and began to pack her bags, saying to her mom: "I'm going to live with Veronica. Unlike you Hermione actually accepts who her daughter is".

When Betty arrived at the Lodge's hotel Veronica opened the door and said: "ah Miss Cooper, I've been expecting you". That comment made Betty laughed and Veronica loved knowing she'd made the girl she loves smile, something she hadn't done much recently.

Betty said: "thanks for letting me stay for a while" to which Hermione replied: "as I said to Ronnie, you're welcome to stay as long as you need" and she got Smithers to help Betty with her bags and take them to the room she was now going to share with Veronica.

Veronica and Betty lay on the bed snuggled up to each other, Veronica saying: "everything is gonna be OK, I know it doesn't seem like it right now your mum will come to her senses, just like she did with Polly. Hopefully your parents will sort things out too".

Betty looked at Veronica and, stroking the brunette's face, replied: "I've got everything I need right here. When I'm with you I feel safe and I feel loved- that's all I can ever ask for" before the girls shared a soft kiss