Happy Birthday

It was Veronica's birthday coming up, although in truth she didn't really feel much like celebrating. All she could think about was her dad, or to be precise what she had recently found out about his business dealings. She certainly wasn't her usual easy going self.

Despite this Betty, being Betty, was determined that she was going to have a good birthday. It was the first one either of them had since they got together so she wanted to make it special. There was only one person who could help- Kevin.

They met up at Pops and Betty said: "I'm thinking just keep it low key". Kevin replied: "low key doesn't sound very Veronica but given the circumstances it's probably the best idea". Betty added: "to be honest we could just make it the three of us in here".

The blonde added: "she's helped me through a lot since we got together and now she's the one that isn't in a good place. If I can in any way make sure my girlfriend has some happiness on her birthday, even if it's just for one day then I will do that".

The following day was Veronica's birthday and she woke up to find the other side of the bed empty. However just a few moments later Betty came back into the room with breakfast in bed for both of them and said: "happy birthday beautiful" and gave her girlfriend a kiss.

Veronica smiled and said: "this is amazing, thank you babe" to which Betty replied: "well if a girl can't treat the girl she loves on her birthday then when can she" and they snuggled up to each other and ate their food- and there was plenty of it for both of them.

Fortunately Veronica's birthday had fallen on a Saturday so they didn't have to worry about going to school, they could do what they wanted when they wanted- and Veronica was happy as long as she had Betty by her side.

After they had finished breakfast, Betty said: "I know you said you didn't want to make a big deal out of today so I haven't organised a party or anything, but I have booked us a booth at Pops". Veronica replied: "with everything that's been going on recently, that's all I wanted".

Betty then gave Veronica her presents. Normally people would just buy one present, but typical Betty decided to get a second one. Veronica noticed a small box and, noticing the confused look on the brunette's face Betty said: "don't worry it's not an engagement ring".

Veronica opened the box to find it was a matching necklace and bracelet. Betty said: "I hope you like it" to which Veronica replied: "Betty I love it, it's beautiful" and gave the blonde a hug. She then opened her other present, a photo book full of pictures of the two of them".

The book showed so many great memories, including the day they first met, their first practice as River Vixens and their first date as a couple". Feeling herself getting emotional, Veronica said: "this is incredible, I really don't deserve you".

Later on in the dad they headed to Pops, where they were joined by Kevin, who noticed Veronica's new necklace and said: "wow V that necklace is beautiful". With a beaming smile Veronica replied: "thanks, it was one of my two presents from my amazing girlfriend.

Veronica then told Kevin about the photo book and he said: "OK you two are too cute I think I'm gonna be sick". Betty replied: "well that's your fault. You brought us together so me and Veronica bring so loved up is down to you". Kevin conceded she made a fair point.

That evening they were listening to music when one particular song came on- Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now. Veronica said: "remember when we last heard this?" Betty replied: "yeah, on our first date- and we decided this was gonna be our song". Today had been everything Veronica had wanted