Reunion

Betty and Veronica decided to meet up in secret before heading off to see Polly. They wanted to avoid any awkward questions about where they were going as they certainly didn't want anyone knowing the truth- especially Betty's parents or Cheryl.

As they saw each other at the bus stop Veronica pulled Betty into a hug and said: "you OK?" Not letting go, Betty said: "I'm scared, about a lot of things, but I need to do this- for Polly's sake as much as my own". Veronica wiped a tear from Betty's cheek before they got on the bus.

Neither of them said much to each other throughout the journey. Veronica wanted to say something to reassure Betty but at this point she wasn't sure what to say, while Betty was trying to get her head straight before seeing her sister for the first time in months.

As they got off and saw the building Veronica instinctively took Betty's hand. Betty looked at the brunette and gave her a half smile. Veronica smiled and said: "I'm here for you, every step of the way. Who knows, it may not be as bad as you think once you get inside.

Betty didn't let go of Veronica's hand as they went inside and walked up to the reception desk. Betty said: "hi, I'm here to see Polly Cooper. I'm her sister Betty". The receptionist asked to see some ID and explained that Veronica had to wait. Veronica said to Betty: "its fine" and the blonde was guided to where the rooms are.

One of the members of staff explained to Betty that this time of the day was normally used for quiet reflection and that Polly was in the garden. She took Betty outside and showed her where Polly was. Betty nervously walked over and, as Polly turned around, the sisters caught each other's eyes.

As Betty reached her sister they immediately pulled each other into a tight hug, delighted and relieved to be reunited at last. As they parted Betty was shocked when she noticed that Polly is pregnant. When Polly said: "please don't be mad Betty". Betty replied: "mad? I couldn't be happier".

Polly asked how Betty managed to find her and Betty said: "well dad told me that you'd been sent away, then me and my friend Veronica hacked into his e-mails and found this place". Polly laughed and said: "Veronica sounds fun". Betty smiled and replied: "yeah she's great, she actually came with me today".

Betty then felt she had to ask about what really happened the day Polly was sent away. She explained that their dad told her that Polly tried to kill herself after she had a massive fight with Jason. It didn't at all surprise Betty that what really happened was very different.

Polly explained that when Jason found out she was pregnant he was delighted, but because they knew their families wouldn't approve they decided to run away together and start a new life away from Riverdale. On the 4th of July they were going to meet up at Sweet Water River.

Polly continued that their parents had somehow found out and when she went downstairs she saw their mum and dad waiting for her, as well as a complete stranger who dragged her away without saying anything. Next thing she really knew what was going on she was at the home.

It was a massive relief to Betty to finally know the truth, but then Polly asked Betty if she could give Jason a message from her. It quickly dawned on Betty that this was something else their parents had lied about, they hadn't told Polly what had happened.

She explained that Jason had been involved in an accident and was missing. She couldn't bring herself to tell Polly that Jason had died. At that point a member of staff came over and said: "I think it's time for you to go now". Betty hugged Polly and said: "I'll see you again soon".

As Betty came back out she saw Veronica waiting for her. The brunette said: "I told you I'd be waiting for you". The girls then left and got the bus home. On the journey back Betty filled Veronica in on everything that had happened and what Polly had told her.

When they got back to Riverdale, Betty hugged Veronica and said: "I cannot thank you enough for being there for me today" as they parted Veronica said: "any time" and at this point Betty's emotions got the better of her and she leaned in to try and kiss Veronica.

Veronica put a finger on Betty's lips and said: "you're emotional and upset. As much as I want this to happen I don't want you to do anything unless you're completely sure it's what you want". It pained Veronica to stop Betty kissing her, but she knew she was doing the right thing.