Building Bridges

Polly was settling in nicely to living with Hermione and Veronica, quickly making friends with her sister's girlfriend- although she did have to remind herself that she was the only person other than Kevin who actually knew that Betty and Veronica were a couple.

While the girls were at school having a coffee, Veronica said: "I had an idea of how we could make Polly feel more welcome back in Riverdale. I was thinking we could throw her a baby shower". Betty smiled and replied: "that's a lovely idea, not sure if my mom would agree but I love it".

Veronica added: "well I'm sure my mom wouldn't mind having it at ours. After all, we've got the space". Later on in the day they run the idea by Hermione and she said: "well I don't see why not. I'm trusting you two to not let things get out of hand".

Polly liked the idea but was nervous, saying: "I haven't seen the Blossoms since I was sent away. What if they blame me for what happened to Jason". Betty replied: "if they cause any trouble they'll have me to deal with. We don't even have to invite them". Polly insisted she at least wanted Cheryl to be there.

Alice later found out about the idea and unsurprisingly she wasn't as keen, saying: "well that's hardly appropriate is it". Betty angrily replied: "why, because you're ashamed? It's happening. Whether you come or not is up to you, but it would mean a lot to Polly".

Alice then turned on Veronica, saying: "I assume this is down to you, trying to corrupt my other daughter". Veronica replied: "well maybe you should ask yourself why Polly would rather live with me, a complete stranger, than her own mother".

Betty definitely felt herself caught in the middle between her mom and her girlfriend, but she was determined that the baby shower would go ahead no matter what happened. With Veronica's help, they spent ages decorating the hotel making it look good.

At one point Betty said: "if you decide you want to tell your mom about us then I'm totally fine with that". When Veronica asked: "you sure?" Betty replied: "of course, just because my mum is so controlling shouldn't stop you" and gave the brunette a kiss.

Later on after Betty had gone, Hermione said: "I think it's great how you're doing something like this to help Polly. Betty is obviously a good influence on you". As ever Veronica's face lit up at the mention of Betty's name and she replied: "yeah about that. Actually mom me and Betty are together, she's my girlfriend".

Hermione said: "well as long as you're happy that's what matters. Now that you've said it I'm not entirely surprised to be honest, but I couldn't have chosen a better girlfriend for my daughter. Unknown to Hermione and Veronica, Betty came back in at that point and heard everything.

Later on it was time for the baby shower and when she saw the room, Polly said: "thank you so much for this, it means so much to me". Veronica replied: "we wanted to show you that there are people around here who love you and will support you".

Pretty much everyone turned up, with Cheryl making as grand an entrance as expected. She said to Polly: "whatever my parents think, I want you and the baby to be safe". While naturally suspicious of Cheryl, Betty and Veronica believed she was being sincere.

Then, much to everyone's surprise, Alice arrived. Polly walked up to her mum and said: "I wasn't expecting to see you here" and Alice replied: "I've been doing a lot of thinking. I want you to come home and if that means you raising your baby with us, then I will accept that".

It was everything Polly needed to here. Finally the Cooper family could be back together again- or at least that was what they thought. Later on Hal reacted angrily saying: "I will not be party to raising a child with Blossom blood". Then Alice discovered that Hal had tried to pay for Polly to have an abortion and threw him out.

Betty didn't know what to think right now. She should be the happiest she's ever been- Polly was back home and her relationship with Veronica couldn't be going any better, but now her parents' marriage was in ruins because of yet another secret.

It also left Veronica wondering if she'd done the right thing. The idea of the baby shower had been to unite Betty's family again but now it felt as divided as ever, although Betty assured her that wasn't her fault