Truth Discovered

So much had happened in the last few months. Hermione and Veronica had arrived under a cloud of gossip and crime, trying to rebuild their lives after everything they knew had been taken from them after Hiram's criminal empire came tumbling down.

Veronica had found herself in more ways than she could've imagined. Not only did she and Betty strike up a friendship that at first might to some have seemed unlikely but they also fell in love, fighting disapproval along the way. Meanwhile Betty had lost and found her sister while her parents' marriage crumbled.

There was also a shadow hanging over the whole town- the murder of Jason Blossom. Everyone was desperate to know the truth about what had happened and when Sheriff Keller found a gun in FP's trailer it seemed like the search was over, but it turned out the secrets that were about to come tumbling out were only just beginning.

Betty was woken in the middle of the night by her mum, who thought she heard someone breaking in downstairs. It turned out to be Hal, who had come in armed with the files he had stolen from the Sheriff's office. Naturally Alice wanted to know what was going on.

Hal revealed that there was more to the Cooper-Blossom blood feud than he had originally said. They weren't just business partners- they were brothers, meaning Polly and Jason were related. He stole the files as he was scared Polly might be implicated.

Betty immediately went to The Pembroke and while she was on her way she texted Veronica and said: "if ever there was a time I need you, it's now". As soon as Betty arrived, Veronica was there to welcome her girlfriend with open arms and sat stunned as Betty told her everything she had just been told.

It seemed to be an open and shut case. FP admitted he did a deal with Jason, kidnapped him and later disposed of his body. However, a discovery later made by the police changed everything. What they found was a memory stick, what was on the memory stick was the truth.

To the horror of everyone watching, the memory stick contained a video which contained a video showing Jason tied up and the exact moment he was shot dead, but it wasn't FP that shot Jason but Clifford- his own dad.

Clifford had spent Jason's whole life grooming him to take over his empire but when it became clear that Jason didn't want any part of it, he did the unthinkable and murdered his own son- and he was willing to send FP down to cover it up.

The entire town was shaken when they heard the truth, not least Cheryl and Polly when they found out what happened to the person who mattered to them both the most in the entire world. But Clifford escaped justice as he was later found hanged having taken his own life.

Veronica decided to pay a visit to the Coopers to check on Polly. She said: "I suppose I'm not really sure how to feel right now, I'm relieved that we know what really happened, but that doesn't change the fact the father of my babies is gone".

Veronica held Polly's hands and said: "if there is anything I can do, in any way, you just have to say the word". Polly replied: "thanks, I'm so glad Betty has a girlfriend like you, she's lucky". Veronica insisted: "trust me, I'm the lucky one to have found your sister".

Betty had overheard and entered the room saying: "let's just agree we both got pretty lucky" and sat down to join her sister and girlfriend. It was going to be tough, but at least they could take comfort from the fact they had each other.

The town had the answer it was looking for, but at the same time so many questions remained unanswered. While Jason could now rest in peace with his killer identified one thing was clear- life in Riverdale would never be the same again