Somebody To Lean On

Although Betty had managed to bring Polly home, right now she was trying to spend as little time there as possible. She had always had issues with her mom, but she had now found out that her dad had been prepared to pay Polly money to get her to have an abortion.

Unsurprisingly her parents' marriage was in ruins and she couldn't see any way things could go back to normal, not that she was even sure what normal was any more. Fortunately for her there was two people she could always rely on- Veronica and Kevin.

Veronica said: "I'm not trying to make this about me, but I can't help but feeling like this is somehow my fault. If Alice hadn't been at the baby shower she probably wouldn't have changed her mind- and she wouldn't know your dad tried to pay for the abortion".

Betty held Veronica's hands and said: "there is only one person to blame for this and that's my dad- if it wasn't for you my sister would still be in that awful place". Kevin added: "what you've done for Betty is amazing". Betty agreed, saying: "I only feel like I can get through my parents' split because I've got you and that makes me love you even more.

They hadn't actually told Kevin they were together, but by this point he'd worked it out anyway. He gave them both a smile which showed them that he knew exactly what was going on and totally approved. After all, it was him who had encouraged both of them to tell each other how they feel.

When Betty left the room, Kevin said: "you two finally came to your senses then". Veronica couldn't hide her smile as she replied: "yeah we did. Actually we got together the day after we went to see Polly. Anyway, I've got an idea but you can't tell Betty".

Kevin simply said: "consider me intrigued" and Veronica continued: "I was thinking of taking her away somewhere, maybe New York, just the three of us- you're invited as well of course". Kevin replied: "that's a great idea, I'm sure it will do Betty good to get away from everything for a while.

Fortunately for Betty there was plenty to distract her from the drama going on at home. For a start the River Vixens had a performance at homecoming to prepare for. Veronica was slightly late to rehearsal, prompting Cheryl to start complaining about how important the performance was.

Veronica said: "I assume you'll be front and centre" and when Cheryl replied: "well of course, who else?" Veronica challenged her, saying: "why don't we let the Vixens decide". Never someone to back down Cheryl accepted Veronica's challenge and the pair had a dance off.

While watching the other girls Betty glared at Cheryl, but couldn't hide her smile when she was watching Veronica. It had to be said that not all of her thoughts were clean when watching her girlfriend- when the brunette had said to her: "I got moves" she certainly wasn't wrong!

Afterwards Betty enthusiastically said: "OK anyone for Cheryl"- total silence. When she said: "anyone for Veronica" everyone except Cheryl's two minions cheered. Cheryl stormed off, angry that she seemed to have lost control of the River Vixens to her arch rival.

When Veronica took charge she said: "obviously I need people I can rely on for homecoming and I need to have somebody right by my side- and I want that person to be Betty. The reaction from the rest of the Vixens couldn't have been better as they all cheered Veronica's suggestion.

After practice Betty said: "you were amazing in that dance off, I certainly liked what I saw" and winked. Veronica replied: "Betty Cooper I thought you were a good girl". Betty joked: "I was until I met you" and after making sure no-one could see them she gave Veronica a kiss.

Veronica then said: "I was thinking we should get away for a bit, maybe head to New York. You've been through a lot lately and I was thinking it might do you good if you, me and Kevin got a change of scenery for a few days".

Betty replied: "that sounds like an amazing idea. Getting out of here and spending time with my two favourite people sounds like just what I need". They decided that they would go away the day after term ended- the sooner the better