Affairs Of The Heart

After returning home the previous day Veronica had broken down, her emotions all over the place. She knew she had done the right thing not letting Betty kiss her but at the same time she had denied herself the one thing she wanted more than anything else in the world.

Betty was also conflicted. Yes she had been emotional after seeing Polly, but she knew she loved Veronica- but she was scared to admit the truth in case her rejection yesterday meant she didn't feel the same way. Then again, her words suggested that she did.

The first person Veronica saw when she got to school was Kevin. He noticed she wasn't her usual confident self and said: "you OK? You seem distracted by something". Veronica explained what had happened the previous day, with Betty trying to kiss her but Veronica not letting her as she was concerned it wasn't what Betty really wanted.

Kevin replied: "the fact she made the move on you makes it all the more important you tell her how you feel. If she does feel the same way this is the chance you've been waiting for". Veronica admitted he was right- as he usually was whenever she confided in him.

Unknown to Veronica, later on Betty also confided in Kevin. Without wanting to give away what Veronica had told him, Kevin said: "you know you meant to kiss her, but she doesn't. Talk to her, today, and tell her how you feel. Putting it off will only make it harder".

Before long the girls saw each other and Betty said: "can we talk, somewhere private?" Veronica said: "sure, I think the locker room is empty". As expected it was and the girls sat down on the bench before Betty finally said what she'd been waiting to say.

The blonde began: "I cannot thank you enough for being there for me yesterday. I don't think I could've done it without you being there". Veronica smiled and replied: "that's what friends are for. I couldn't let someone I care so much about go through something like that alone".

Betty then continued: "I also wanted you to know that, although I wasn't thinking straight then I am now- and I meant to kiss you". Veronica couldn't believe what she was hearing, it almost felt like she was dreaming. Had she actually heard that right?

Betty then said: "I love you Veronica, I didn't want to say anything because I wasn't sure if you felt the same way and.." before being cut off as Veronica crashed her lips against Betty's in a passionate kiss. As their lips parted Veronica replied: "I loved you from the moment I first met you".

Veronica wasted no time in kissing Betty again, with the blonde pulling her best friend closer to her deepening the kiss and only parting when air became an issue. For a few moments they just stared at each other, their eyes full of love.

Eventually Betty said: "for so long I've been trying to be the person I'm expected to be- the perfect girl next door dating a jock, but that's not me. I need to be honest about who I really am- and the truth is I'm gay and the only person I want to be with is you".

Veronica didn't even attempt to hide her delight as she replied: "not letting you kiss me yesterday was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do, I've wanted it to happen so many times. There's nothing I want more in this world than to be able to call myself your girlfriend.

Betty kissed Veronica again and said: "well now you can. I'd rather we just keep it to ourselves for now if that's OK, I need to prepare myself before I tell my mom". Veronica replied: "that makes complete sense. Alice doesn't even approve of us breathing the same air so I dread to think what she'll make of us dating".

While Veronica wanted to shout from the rooftops how happy she was and how much she loved Betty, she hadn't actually come out to her mum yet so she could fully understand. She hadn't expected Betty to return her feelings so the fact she did and they were now together was more than enough