First Meeting

Riverdale was a pretty normal town in all honesty. Everyone knew each other and nothing really major happened. That was until July 4, a day which would shake the town to its very core. Jason Blossom, the son and heir of the town's wealthiest family, was missing presumed dead.

On the last day of summer vacation, with everyone still trying to come to terms with Jason's disappearance, a new mystery rolled into town. That mystery was a raven haired girl named Veronica Lodge, who arrived in Riverdale with her mother- as well as a load of secrets.

Veronica's POV:

I was certainly a long way from New York, but that wasn't necessarily a bad thing. My dad was in jail and my mom and I moved to Riverdale as it was the only place where my parents had property that was in my mom's name and not my dad's. I had decided that this was going to be a fresh start, a new me.

My mom had an order at the local diner, Pop's Chock Lit Shoppe, so I went to collect it for her. When I got there I saw a red headed guy and a blonde girl sitting in a booth so I decided to introduce myself. The red headed guy, Archie, was clearly eyeing me up but it was the blonde girl, Betty, that caught my attention.

Betty's POV:

There I was about to confess my feelings for my best friend when this new girl walked in. Whoever she was certainly knew how to make an entrance! She came over and introduced herself. Her name was Veronica and as it turned out I would be giving her a tour of the school tomorrow.

She said she was nervous but I got the impression she was someone who didn't get nervous about a lot of things. One thing was for sure, she was certainly going to turn a few heads at school looking the way she does.

The following day Betty gave Veronica a tour of Riverdale High and took the chance for the girls to get to know each other. It felt to both of them like there was an instant connection between them and they bonded really quickly.

Veronica felt able to open up about how in the past in New York she had been rich, spoilt and a bully but wanted to put all that behind her and become a better person. Betty then felt able to open up about her sister, who had been placed in an institution after a very bad break up with Jason.

During the tour Veronica met Betty's friend Kevin. Although Veronica was annoyed when Kevin asked 'is it true about your dad?' and admitted everyone knew Veronica's dad was in prison for fraud, she realised that Kevin is actually a nice guy and they quickly became friends too.

After Veronica discovered Betty's feelings for Archie, she encouraged her to ask him to be her date to the back to school semi-formal that night. To the surprise of everyone, Betty ask Archie if he wanted to go with both her and Veronica. After some persuading from Veronica he agreed.

Betty's mum wasn't too happy when she found out who her daughter was going to the dance with, but Betty insisted that despite what people think Veronica is actually a nice person and it was happening whether Alice liked it or not.

At the dance, after some gentle encouragement from Veronica and Kevin, Betty finally admitted her feelings for Archie. However, his reaction was far from what she was hoping for. This didn't go unnoticed by Cheryl, who instructed her friends to make sure all three of them were at her after party.

At the party Cheryl decided to play Seven Minutes In Heaven, with Archie going first. The bottle landed on Veronica and although she didn't want to go through with it, she felt she had no choice when Cheryl said Veronica had to or she would take her place.

While in the closet, Archie asked Veronica if she had a boyfriend in New York, to which she replied she didn't. Veronica then said: "so, you and Betty looked like you were having a good time together". Archie said: "yeah of course, we're best friends". Veronica then asked if there could ever be anything more between them.

When Archie said: "are you asking for Betty or for yourself?" Veronica replied: "for Betty" which was completely true, adding "Betty is my friend. In any case, you're not my type". Archie eventually replied: "I can honestly say I've never felt that way about Betty".

That was all Veronica needed to hear so she left the closet and was concerned to see that Betty was nowhere to be seen, having clearly left. Veronica knew Cheryl had set it up, so she immediately left to look for Betty. She had to tell her what had really happened