Chapter 6 (Edited and Finished)

Alexis gently pulled away and lay her head on his shoulder as Drew kept his arm draped around her. He gently pushed the swing with his feet and as a gentle breeze came up she felt herself falling asleep. Alexis suddenly bolted awake and sat straight up startled when Faith came out the door screaming and laughing playfully. Ethan was chasing her with a hand full of whip cream and from what Lexi could see Faith had gotten him first since he had some smeared across his cheek. "I'm gonna get you back Faith, you might be able to run from me, but you can't hide” he said as he chased her down the street.

Soon after, Lynn came to the door laughing hysterically. Brad was right behind her; he squeezed passed Lynn and came out to stand on the porch. He shook his head with a smirk. "She got him good this time."

Drew started laughing. "Did you see his face?" he asked as he stood up and walked over to stand beside Brad and watch Ethan chase Faith until they disappeared down another street. Lexi was still trying to figure out what was going on.

"Are you alright?" Lynn asked as she came out onto the porch.

"Yeah" Alexis replied "I must have been falling asleep." she said as she blushed slightly.

Lynn smirked. "There’s no rest for the wicked around here. Unless of course the sun has gone down and the moon is out." 

Lexi giggled. "You’re so to the point Lynn."

Lexi's laughter faded as she noticed the figure walking towards them. The uniform gave him away even from a distance. She stood up and looked to Lynn with panic is her eyes. Drew gasped and took off into the house. He went into the bathroom and locked the door. As the officer got closer he stopped walking and nodded to the three of them. "Can I help you officer?" Brad asked as he folded his arms across his chest and adjusted his stance. The officer looked them over and then took the sunglasses from his face and allowed his hands to rest on his hips near his gun holster. "I’m here to question you about Kyle Reed. Do you know him?" 

Brad nodded. "Yeah he has been my best friend since we were little kids." The officer nodded slowly. "When is the last time you saw him?" Lynn stepped closer to Brad and looked at the officer. Anticipating when he would tell them that they had found Kyle's body in the lab room at the school. "Um yesterday morning, we all had stayed the night on the beach the night before. When we were gonna go into town he took off ahead of us, said he had something to tend to, he was supposed to meet up with us later, but he never showed up." Ethan replied.

The cop nodded. "Well I am sorry to inform you of this. But we found your friend Kyle's body in the lab at the high school. Principal O'Conner called and informed us. We called his mother and she identified his body. Lynn cried out and buried her head into Brad’s chest.  He hugged her, his own eyes welling up in tears. Lexi stood there her lips parted. The officer glanced at her. "Are you new here?" he asked. "I've been patrolling these streets for years and I've never seen you around. She nodded. Before she could speak Brad spoke up for her. "She is Lynn's cousin." he said. Lexi looked at him almost dumbfounded. He looked back at her and nodded. “Right Alexis" She nodded as she looked at the officer, trying not to panic. The officer smiled and took off his hat revealing his dark chestnut coloured hair. "Nice to meet you Alexis, I'm Officer Reynolds. Matt Reynolds." He looked back at Brad. "I need you, and everyone that was down at the beach yesterday morning to come to the Police Station because it seems as if, you guys were the last ones to see him alive." He then wrote down their names on a piece of paper. "Alright Brad besides you, Lynn and Alexis, who else will be there at the station?"

“Ethan Scott, Faith Rosewood, and Drew Jenkins”

The officer noted this in his notebook before folding it over and placing it in his pocket. "I should be there later this afternoon so round up your friends. We need to question everyone that saw Kyle alive. I’m so sorry to have to tell you such bad news." The officer nodded to them. Placed his sunglasses and hat back on and turned to walk away.