Chapter 3 (Edited and Finished)

Chapter 3

Alexis woke to find herself alone in the tent still wrapped in the warm blanket that her and Drew had shared the night before. This meant that Drew must have already woken up and ventured outside, she sat up and stretched while running her fingers through her messy hair. Alexis then removed the blanket, climbed to her knees and unzipped the tent; as she did this the aroma of breakfast hit her in the face. She could smell brewed coffee, eggs, and bacon, campfire style and it smelled amazing!

"Well good morning sleepy head." Lynn said with a smile as he was merely inches from her face.

Lexi laughed. "Guess I'm the only one who slept in this morning huh?"

She climbed out of the tent and stretched her body again as she tried to let her eyes adjust to the bright sunlight that was midway up into the sky. Drew was drinking his second cup of coffee. But after noticing she was awake he set his down and made her a cup really quickly.

"How did you sleep?" He asked as he came over to her and handed her the cup.

She took it and allowed the heat to warm her hands.

"Once I got to sleep, I slept well, it didn't take me long after I closed my eyes and got warm." She smiled. "I feel much better this morning."

He smiled in response. "I'm glad to hear that."

He leaned in and gave her a gentle kiss on the lips. "Let's get some breakfast so we can do much site seeing. Ethan says that there is so much he wants us to see today." He said before pulling away.

She took a drink of her coffee and smiled. "Can't wait"

She really did want to see what other places were on the Island and she tried her best to push the worries out of her mind. At least until her and Drew got to really sit down and talk away from the others. She glanced over at Kyle who was awake and yet looked as if he had not slept at all. He was sitting on the log facing the water drinking a cup of coffee, once again seeming to mind his own business. Faith was pulling her blonde hair into a pony tail and began to prepare the plates for breakfast. As she made them Lynn began to hand them out.

"I know it’s not much guys, but hey it’s better than nothing right." She said with a smile.

"It’s great Lynn." Lexi replied. "I'm so thankful that you’re helping us out; please let us know if you need anything."

Lynn shook her head with a smile. "Don't worry about it sweetie. This is the way we are; we are all friends, more like family sometimes."

Drew came up behind her and threw his arm around her shoulders playfully. "Yeah I can call you my little sister now, right Lynn?" He laughed as she giggled and pulled away.

"That's all she better be to you." Brad said playfully as he came up the beach.

Ethan was walking beside him. Lynn shot Brad a look of sarcasm. He just laughed.

"Of course I was kidding with him Lynn." he said.

Alexis glanced up the beach as she saw another person approaching them. As he got closer you could see that he was a much older man. He had crow’s feet around the corners of his eyes and a greyish coloured beard. He had a pipe in his mouth and wore a long trench like jacket over a pair of dark blue slacks.

"Don't you kids’ be causing trouble down here, and stay away from the lighthouse." he motioned up the beach.

Ethan spoke up. "Don't you worry old man; you just get to your light tower."