Chapter 10

The air was warm and the sun was shining, already showing off the new day. Though their expressions showed that it was not enjoyable to them as they adventured into town.

"I'm gonna take you guys to another part of the beach. One that you and Alexis have never been too.' Ethan said as he looked to Drew.

"Do you think we might find Brad there?" he asked.

Ethan shrugged his shoulders. "I'm not sure, but it wouldn't hurt to check it out right?"

"No of course it wouldn't hurt." he replied. "By all means take us there."

Ethan lowered his gaze and concentrated on his feet as he continued walking. He began to mumble to himself seeming not to care that the others were watching him.

"Is he alright?" Alexis asked as she leaned near faith her voice almost a whisper. Faith nodded.

"He gets that way sometimes when he is frustrated or worried about something."

They passed by the peer and kept walking, past the post office and when they finally reached the school Ethan turned and headed down to the beach. He immediatly started to search for signs of Brad being there. "

There is another part of the beach around that bend, Basically if you traveled the whole outside on the beach you would travel the whole Island, but it would take days to all the way around." Faith said as she pointed to the bend that was partially covered by trees and Brush.

"What else is beyond that?" Alexis asked.

Faith glanced back at her. "Just the old abandoned hospital. The new one was finished a few years back. The one over here though definitly has alot of history. But right now searching for Brad is more important. Maybe I will take you there later and show you around."

Drew definitly seemed more curious to see the hospital rather than to look  for Brad. But he was an adventure type and loved looking at abandoned places.

Faith looked towards Ethan and then ran to catch up with him.

"Ive felt like I have looked everywhere and I can't seem to find him. This is so frustrating Faith, How could he just disappear like this?"

Faith bent down and glanced over the hillside that lined the beach side, searching to see if she seen anything amongst the trees.

"I don't know babe. Its not possible."

They got closer to the bend that led around to the next stretch of beach. Faith glanced back to see if Drew and Lexi were following them.Drew looked at Alexis.

"You know I never meant for any of this to happen. I still care about you. I'm just really confused." he said.

She looked away. "Its fine Drew. Come on they are waiting for us."

It was obvious she was trying to avoid the coversation. She began to run down the beach in order to catch up with Ethan and Faith. Drew sighed. Lowered his head and trudged along, being the last to round the bend.

As they came around the bend the long stretch of beach greeted them. Even though the waves crashed loudly on the shore Alexis gazed at the looming structure that sat ontop of the hill. It was huge and the windows overlooked the sea. The building was old and warn from weather damage. The glass was broke in most of the windows and it had been vandilized with spray paint covering certain places on the outside. It was overgrown with brush and vines that climbed the outer edges. There were holes in places where animals had dug their way inside to get away from natures wrath when it came to the storms. Ethan and Faith seemed not to care about the building as they began to walk the beach still in their search for Brad. Lexi was in awe until she hit a large piece of drift wood with her foot and tripped, falling face first towards the sand. Letting out a cry Drew responded by rushing over to help her up. As he helped her to stand his eyes caught site of the old abandoned hospital.