Chapter 7 (Edited and Finished)

Lynn felt her entire body trembling as she looked up at the dark blue building looming before them. "I’m not sure if I can do this." She said. Her voice was barely above a whisper and full of sadness."We have to do this Lynn. We have no choice." Brad replied. He reached for her hand but she pulled it away. "I know." she said. Lynn refused to look at him and stared up the stairs at the doorway leading into the station.

Ethan climbed the stairs and held the door open. Faith Reached for Lynn's hand and tugged her up the stairs and into the station. Drew followed close behind. Brad motioned for Alexis to go next. "Ladies first" He said with a smile. She nodded and followed behind Drew. Finally Brad entered. They walked to the desk where Ethan asked for Officer Reynolds. They waited patiently as the Officer behind the counter told them to hold on a second and disappeared into another room. Soon he came back with Officer Reynolds trailing behind him.

Officer Reynolds walked over to the desk. He looked each one of them over and then reached for the swinging door that led them back to the offices. "Come on in." He said. As each one of them walked by they locked eyes with him and he nodded to each of them. He led them to a row of seats that saw just outside the office that he came out of. "Please, take a seat the rest of you, Ethan, come on in." They all sat down, Lynn folded her trembling hands in her lap and had her foot bouncing up and down while trying to stay calm. Alexis crossed one leg over the other and rested her elbow on her knee and her chin in the palm of her hand. Drew was still staring at Lynn watching her and noticing her nervousness. He wanted so badly to place his hand on her knee to reassure her but with him sitting on one side of her and Brad on the other he knew that was a bad idea. Brad was still curious as to what Lexi saw back there that made her go so pale. He glanced at her and then down at the floor as he leaned forwards and clasped his hands in front of him. Faith stared at the office door as it remained closed with Ethan and Officer Reynolds inside.

Once inside the office Officer Reynolds asked Ethan to take a seat. Then he picked up a notepad and started walking around behind him. "Alright Ethan, I will try to make this as quick as possible, as long as you work with me everything should be easy." He said. Ethan nodded in reply. "When did you last see Kyle?" Ethan stared at the desk top in front of him before replying. "On the beach yesterday morning, we were getting ready to come into town to show Alexis and Drew more of the town, since this is their first visit to the Island. As we were getting ready Kyle stated that he was gonna go ahead of us and that he would catch up with us later."

"Is that the last time you saw Kyle?" Officer Reynolds asked.

 "Yes." Ethan replied.

"Did he seem worried about anything or concerned at all?" Ethan shook his head. "Not that I noticed."

 "There was no fight or argument the night before, or anything that would make you think that something was disturbing him?" Ethan once more shook his head "No Sir." Officer Reynolds walked around and stood on the other side of the desk across from Ethan. He reached inside a manila folder and pulled out a couple of pictures and placed them in front of Ethan. They were pictures taken of Kyle's body as they had found it in the school lab. Ethan felt his stomach turn as it flashed in his mind, being the first to see Kyle's body when they went into the school. Officer Reynolds took note of Ethan’s reaction to the pictures. "You don't know of anyone that wanted to hurt Kyle, or had threatened him in anyway?" he asked. Ethan shook his head. Officer Reynolds nodded his head and closed his note book. "Alright Ethan, Please go out and send Faith in." As Ethan stood up Officer Reynolds picked up the pictures and placed them back into the folder. He then watched Ethan leave and Faith enter. "Hi Faith" He said as he motioned for her to come inside and take a seat.