Chapter 2 (Edited and Finished)

Before the guys came in from the water Lynn had started the fire. As it began to light up with sky with its initial flames and smoke you could sense that the day was ending as the sun started to sink towards the water's edge, where it looked like the world dropped off. She went into the tent and pulled out her pack. Grabbing a few items from it she then reached into a cooler and pulled out some things wrapped in foil and prepared them to be ready to be cooked. Alexis watched her intently she felt her stomach beginning to growl, she had only picked at her lunch at the diner and now wished she had eaten more. However, with everything happening she was drained. Everything felt like a dream, albeit one that she was unsure as to whether she wanted to wake up from just yet. 

Drew came in from the water first and shook the water from his hair. With a huge grin he came over towards the fire and grabbed a towel and began to dry himself off.

"That was amazing!" he said still sounding slightly out of breath. 

Lynn smiled and glanced his way. "I'm glad you enjoyed yourself out there" she told him. 

"Well Brad was right, they are not an easy group to keep up with, but those waves were fantastic." he said. 

Alexis smiled and climbed to her feet and approached him with a hug, even though he was still damp. He wrapped his arms around her and then kissed her forehead. 

"This whole place is just wonderful; I can't wait to see the rest of the Island tomorrow."He said still while still grinning. 

Lexi tensed a bit and looked at him the smile fading slowly from her lips. Realising that he didn't have intentions of looking over the damage on the boat yet, she placed her hand gently on his chest as she drew herself closer to him and looked to Lynn with a nervous glance. Lynn just smiled and nodded as she drew her gaze away from Lexi and looked once more to Drew.

Faith came in from the water next. As she grabbed a towel and dried her hair she looked at Lynn. "You really missed an amazing ride out there today, those waves were truly incredible. It must have been because of the storm last night." Lynn just smiled before stating.  

"I was happy just sitting here enjoying the sun and getting to know Alexis." she said. "Besides, there are still so many days to come that I can enjoy waves like those, I wanted Drew to take my board and go out there. I could see that he really enjoyed it." As she finished speaking she poked the fire a few times to get the embers burning before looking out to the water. She was watching the sun dip into its wake, something she found absolutely magical. "The sunset sure is an amazing sight tonight." she said softly. Drew, Lexi and Faith all looked to the sunset and watched it for a few moments, the only sound was the waves crashing to the shore and the crackling on the embers that made the fire burn brightly. As they seemed lost in their own thoughts watching the sun set they were interrupted as the other guys came out of the water.

Ethan let out a loud whistle that got their attention as they all turned to look. "Go and get the music going Lynn. Let's show these out of towners what it's like to spend an evening on our beach." 

Kyle and Brad Laughed in response to what he said as they all walked up the beach casually with their boards under their arm. Lynn remained laughing as she went back to her tent, pulled out the CD player and turned on the music. As Brad came up to the rest of them now sitting near the fire, he placed his board in the sand and ran over to Lynn grabbing her hips and danced behind her. This made her laugh and her cheeks flushed from the embarrassment. 

"Oh come on Lynn, you're not that shy." Faith said whilst laughing.

Kyle approached with a frown on his face- He never seemed happy. He set his board down in the sand beside Brads, grabbed his shirt and pulled it over his head. He then eyed Brad and Lynn and shook his head before walking to a log that rested kind of close to the fire and sat down.