Chapter 5 (Edited and Finished)

Alexis was the first one to wake as soon as the sun came up the next morning. She glanced at the clock and saw that it was only six o'clock in the morning. But still she felt well rested enough and she sat up, she ran her fingers through her hair. Alexis then stood up and folded the blanket she had used and left it on the couch with the pillow on top. She tried her best to be quiet not wanting to wake anyone as they all looked so peaceful sleeping. Drew had slumped over a bit during the night which stopped his snoring. She looked towards him and shook her head. Alexis then decided she needed a shower so she walked to the bathroom and closed the door locking it from the inside. The hot shower felt amazing. Afterwards she felt more alive and more refreshed. She stood in front of the mirror and looked at herself before drying off. She used Lynn's brush and pulled her hair back once again into a messy bun after getting dressed. She then smiled at herself in the mirror."Time to go." she said softly. She walked to the door and unlocked it.

As Alexis opened the door, she gasped at the sight of him. She had never expected him to be standing there and he was so quiet he scared her. "Drew!" she cried as she stepped back a few times almost tripping over her own feet. She caught herself on the wall and brought her hand to her racing heart. "You scared me." she gasped.

He looked at her still wincing as he scratched his head. "Sorry Lex." He said with a groggy voice. "I have to use the bathroom. What are you doing awake so early?" Her mind raced as she tried to think of what to tell him, not wanting to tell him what she had told Faith the night before because she was afraid of starting another argument. Alexis didn't want or need that right now. "I'm going for a walk." she said. "I figured it was beautiful and thought a nice long walk down by the water would be great for me."

He nodded. "Ugh, I've got a horrible headache." he mumbled. He waited for her to pass and as she as she went into the living room. Drew then entered the bathroom and closed the door. Alexis didn't wait another second, she bolted to the front door, wanting to get out into the fresh morning air.

She felt great to be out of that cottage for some reason with everything going on with Drew she almost felt like it was some sort of prison. She didn’t stay long on the front porch before she took off down the road heading for the path that led to the beach. As she got down to the sand she could hear Drew as he called to her out the kitchen window. "Enjoy your walk Lexi. I love you." he yelled. She nodded and forced a smile with a wave of her hand as she turned away from the house and began to walk down the beach towards the boat. Once reaching the wreckage she sighed at the site. The storm from yesterday had caused it to look far worse than it looked before. She kneeled down and looked it over. There were a lot of holes and damaged boards and the bow of the boat was crooked. There was a long crack in the bottom and with the fact that the waves had washed over the boat from the storm it was covered in seaweed. Crabs and other sea creatures began to make spots in and around the boat their home.

Alexis sat down in the sand feeling completely defeated, knowing that she would not have the money or the means of being able to fix the boat well enough to go back out on the water, it was useless. She reached down and picked up a couple of rocks and chucked them at the wreckage before crossing her arms and resting them on her knees. She glanced out at the beautiful sight of the water and the bright blue sky. "Looks like this is where I am supposed to be." she said as she closed her eyes for a few minutes and just listened to the sound of the water as it gently lapped the sand. At that very moment she almost wished she could just disappear.

Completely lost in thought Alexis had not heard anyone approaching. Once opening her eyes he was only a few feet away and he certainly didn't look the least bit happy. She looked around and realised there was really no place to go and besides he had already seen her, so hiding would be pointless. Mr Whitfield came towards her, apparently heading back to the lighthouse. Once he got close enough to her he stopped and glared. "Was it you or one of the other hoodlums that was in my lighthouse?"