Chapter 8 (Edited and Finished)

Within an instant of having them stare at him he took up running back down the alley where he had come from and disappearing into the shadows. Lexi's heart was racing in her chest. Her breathing was heavy as she turned to gaze at Brad and then Ethan and Faith and finally to Drew. "I had to do it" she said firmly. She lowered her gaze to her feet and closed her eyes trying to get her breathing back to normal. Brad kneeled back down beside Lynn and cradled her head in his arms. "Lynn." he said as he gently ran his fingers through her hair. She slowly opened her eyes and blinked a few times before gazing up at him. "Brad?" she said quizzically. "Yeah it's me." he said as he gazed down at her.

"What happened?" she asked. She tried to sit up but a throbbing pain in her head made her wince and lay back in his arms. "I'll explain later. First I want to get you home." he replied. He picked her up in his arms and let her rest against him. He started to carry her home. Ethan turned and pulled Faith into his arms hugging her tightly. He then started walking with her.

Keeping an eye out to be sure that Nate was not hiding close by. Drew came up beside Alexis and looked at her. "I could not believe what you were saying at first. But when I realised what you did I couldn't believe you had it in you. You were so strong. Not the least bit afraid of him. I'm proud of you Lexi." she nodded and then looked away. As she started walking, following the others he caught up beside her and took reached for her hand. She allowed him to take her hand and she held it tightly. She glanced behind them and with every little sound she was nervous. They were amongst a killer and she had really pissed him off.

It seemed like it took forever for them to reach the cottage. But as the sound of the beach filled the air they knew that they were home. Once they all gathered inside Brad lay Lynn down on the bed and Ethan locked the door. "Should we call Officer Reynolds and tell him?" Lynn asked. Ethan shook his head. If we never knew that Kyle had an identical twin, what makes you think that Officer Reynolds knows? I am sure he will just take us as crazy or something." He sighed and sat down in the chair. Drew went to the kitchen to grab a cold drink of water, since his mouth felt so dry. Alexis stood in the doorframe to the kitchen her senses on high knowing that she is the one that finally made Nate admit who he was. She was afraid that he would come for her next, since he killed Kyle. While standing there she could overhear Brad and Lynn talking. He was telling her what happened. "Alexis was a surprise, but she got him to admit it, finally. He told us that he was Kyle's twin brother." Lynn stared at him, letting this all sink into her mind. "He admitted to killing Kyle." Brad continued. "Then before any of us could react, he took off." Lynn got emotional and started looking at the window in her room and then the bedroom door, she seemed totally paranoid. "You mean he is still out there. He is still running free? What if he comes here?" She looked at Brad for reassurance. "It will be okay Lynn. I'm right here. I won't let him hurt you." He leaned in and kissed her forehead. "I'm so glad you’re alright."

Drew came out of the kitchen with the glass of water in his hand. After taking a long sip he looked at Ethan. "So what are we supposed to do? Are we supposed to live life on the edge while this psycho is running around on the Island killing people? You know at any time Officer Reynolds could blame one of us, and yet we know who really did it. What then?"  Ethan used his fingers to rub his forehead closing his eyes and wincing. "What do you want me to do Drew? I don't know what to do right now. I'm trying to figure that one out." Brad came out of his bedroom and stood with his body leaning against the wall to the hallway. "All I know is that we need to do whatever needs to be done to protect these girls. Especially Lexi; I'm sure he is not very happy that she trapped him in a lie and got him to admit who he really was, she ruined his game. I'm sure he won't just let something like that go. He obviously ain't all in his right mind right now, cause if he was he surely wouldn't kill his brother." He said. "Maybe we should find Kyle's Mother. I'm sure that she will have answers, and she will believe us because of course the twins are her boys." Faith said as she glanced from Brad to Ethan. "I just don't see how I've known Kyle since we were five years old and I never knew he had a twin. Where was he all this time?" Ethan said as he shook his head. "It’s so odd." Alexis finally spoke up. "Why would she want to see us though? I'm sure that Officer Reynolds has been keeping in touch with her about the case and I'm sure that she isn't too pleased that we were the last ones to see her son alive." Brad walked over and sat down on the couch. "She's right." He said nodding to Alexis. "We are already labelled as suspects by the police. We don't need his mom thinking we are as well." Alexis lowered her gaze, "With everything going on, I'm sure she already does Brad." She said softly.