Chapter 9 (Edited and Finished)

The sirens sounded in the distance and grew louder as the police and ambulance rushed to the scene. Ethan stood and went to the door as soon as he saw the flash of lights reflecting off the walls and shining through the windows. Faith pushed herself to her feet and weakly stood there with her arms crossed, leaning against the wall for support. Drew moved out of the way as the medics from the ambulance crew entered the bedroom. Officer Reynolds appeared in the doorway. It showed that he was even in shock at Lynn's death. He entered the cottage and motioned for Ethan, Faith and Drew to join him at the kitchen table.

They sat down nervously. Ethan kept an eye on the door. Listening intently as the medics spoke to one another about Lynn's body. Officer Reynolds snapped his fingers in order to get his attention.

"I need to know what happened....." Officer Reynolds said. "First off...."He said as he glanced around the room."Is everyone here that was here when Lynn was found?"

Ethan and Faith remained silent.

But Drew spoke up without hesitation. "No Brad was here, and he was the one who found her first. He went in to wake her up and she was dead. He took off. Said he couldn’t be here right now."

Officer Reynolds nodded. "Did he happen to tell any of you where he was headed?" They all shook their heads no. He opened his notebook and began to scribble notes.

The Medics came out of her room with a stretcher; her body was covered with a sheet. Faith noticed it and started to sob. It was still sinking in that her best friend had died. Ethan placed his hand upon hers in hopes of calming her a little.

"So what exactly happened?" Officer Reynolds asked once again seeming to try to get their focus once again.

Faith spoke first, her voice was trembling. "Well when we left the station earlier, we ran into Nate, though he tried to play himself off as Kyle. We were petrified. Lynn passed out from being so frightened. Alexis stepped up and got the truth out of Nate and then he disappeared in anger, since Lexi ruined his game. Brad approached Lynn and got her to open her eyes and look up at him. Her head was in a bit of pain so she couldn't stand up." She choked back some tears and shook her head showing that she could not continue.

Ethan rubbed her back as he carried on with the conversation. "Brad carried her back here to the cottage and laid her down in their bedroom. We all were sitting here trying to figure out what to do, whether to call you and try to explain the details of Nate being Kyle's twin, Or whether we should go to Kyle and Nate's Mother. We were unsure of what to do. But then we saw the news broadcast about Nate being caught and brought into custody. At that time Alexis was in the room with Lynn, watching the television in there with her. After knowing that he was arrested she felt a bit calmer and finally opted to take a nap. After resting awhile Brad went in to wake her up and when he did he found her lifeless."

Officer Reynolds was scribbling like crazy in his notebook as Ethan finished telling him the events he wanted to know.  He suddenly stood and placed the notebook back in his pocket.

"We will have to wait for the autopsy results and then I will get back to you. In the meantime when you see Brad could you tell me that I wish to speak to him?"

Ethan nodded.

As soon as the officer turned to leave Alexis came through the door. She was distraught. And it finally hit her all at once and she started crying. Faith stood up quickly toppling the chair over as she went to her and pulled her into a hug. Drew was too lost in thought to care. Ethan looked up at the officer as he glanced at him.