Chapter 6 - Secrets

I awoke in the back of a car, my nose was ringing with pain. Sat next to me was a grumpy-looking Taemin and in the front a worried Noona. 

"Noona~" I muttered, my voice croaky and dry. Both turned to look at me. Taemin just pulled a bigger frown and turned away. 

"Are you okay hun?" Noona asked, her eyes flicking from me to the road. I managed a nod, she sighed and carried on driving. "Do you guys want anything to eat?" She asked, whilst looking for the nearest McDonalds. Taemin didn't answer. 

"I'm not hungry..." I replied, I looked at Taemin he looked angry for some reason. I scootched next to him and tapped his shoulder. "Taemin?" I whispered, he pulled away. "Tae, it's okay.. why are you mad?"

"Why do you care.." He retorted. I frowned. 

"Taemin what's up.. you seem different." I asked, quite scared of what he would answer.

"You left me! When you promised not to!" He yelled, making Noona turn around and look quickly. She seemed stressed. I looked at Taemin in shock.

"T..Tae I'm sorry.." I mumbled. He glared at me, it made me feel guilty. "I..I don't know what I was thinking.. I'm sorry for leaving you."He looked at me, his eyes tearing up.

"No, your not sorry.." He groaned, holding in the tears. Noona turned into our drive and I fell on top of Taemin, our lips centimetres away. My eyes widened. Taemin's grew to the size of golfballs. For a moment we stayed like this, before Taemin returned to a frown and pushed me off. I half-smiled. We got out and I tried to hold his hand but he ran off without me. I sighed, how would I make it up to him? 

Noona was cooking and Taemin was in his room, probably drawing, or playing. I hesitated whether to go in or not. I didn't want us to not be friends. I took a deep breath and stepped in. 

"Taemin..?" I called, his head looked up from his Ds. His eyes drooped. I walked over to his bed. "Are you okay?" I begged for him to speak to me.

"What do you want? I thought you'd be fine on your own!" Taemin moaned. I sighed.

"Look I'm sorry Taemin, I didn't mean to, I just.. Just.." I couldn't find the right words.

"You just what?" Taemin snapped. I didn't know what to say. "Yeah, that's what I thought!" He scoffed, "I'm better off without you anyway." He frowned. 

"Well, okay, if you don't like me.. I'll just go." I turned to walk out. 

"No I don't like you Jae.." He started, I looked at him with sad eyes. "I love you.." A silent tear fell down his face, as my mouth widened. 

"Y..you what?" I asked astonished. He hid his face.

"You heard me.." He cried. "I wanted you to give me attention, but you like those boys.. So I thought if I went with them you'd like me too." He confessed. I jumped next to him and hugged him. 

"Oh, Taemin.." I sighed, comforting him. "But.."