Chapter 3 - Jonghyun

"ANNNNIIIIIIIYYYYYYYOOOOOOO!" Came the begging screech of Taemin, he didn't want to go again. I sighed whilst collecting some snacks to put in our lunchboxes. I secretly added an extra Crunky bar in Taemin's to make him feel a little better. I smiled proud that I had made our lunches. I walked to the bottom of the stairs where Taemin was throwing his shoes away. Noona kept trying to put them on but he kept grabbing and throwing them. I giggled a bit.

"Come on Taemin, you'll be okay. Remember, we had fun?" I tried to comfort him. I handed him his lunch. "Let's go?!"

Taemin looked up and sighed. "Promise you won't leave me? Ever?" He begged.

"I promise I won't leave you Taemin! I will stay with you all day!" I smiled reassuring him.

"Well, okay then.." He smiled and grabbed his shoes putting them on himself. Noona looked at me and mouthed a thanks. She stood up and opened the door.

"We can go in the car today, then it gives us more of a chance not to be late.." She smirked at Taemin remembering yesterday's incidents. Taemin grinned proudly at Noona and walked to the car. I followed after him. Noona locked the door and walked over to us. "Come on jump in." She waited for Taemin to get in just in case he ran again. We sat down in the back of the car.

"Taemin.. Check in your bag!" I whispered smiling. He looked at me confused but looked inside. His eyes widened when he saw the extra Crunky bar.

"Oh JaeHwa!" He squealed with joy and yanked me close into a hug. "Thank you!" 

I smiled happily, hopefully he won't cry when Noona has to leave.  

We finally arrived at the school and Noona stepped out first, she held Taemin's hand and mine and walked us to the doors, this time we were early. I walked in, again grabbing Taemin's hand.  

There he was yet again, glaring at me. Kibum sat cross-legged in the middle of his gang, he was smirking slightly. I scowled at him and turned to Noona. 

"Bye Noona!" I waved. She smiled. 

"Bye JaeHwa, bye Taemin!" She kissed him on the forehead and tapped his nose, he smiled.  

"Bye Noona!" He replied. She walked off waving. I turned around, the gang were still watching us. I led Taemin to the paints, I thought it'd be better to stick together.  

Taemin gladly followed smiling, guess he doesn't mind school anymore. I smiled at his achievement. 

"Here you go Tae!" I said whilst passing him a paintbrush. 

"Thanks Jae!" He replied snatching it and dunking it straight in the red paint pot. 

I watched him for a bit before grabbing my own and dipping it into the blue paint. I started to draw the sea.  

A few seconds into my drawing, the cat-eyed boy walked over, his group close behind him. I kept an eye on them, they hadn't done anything yet. Maybe, no, hopefully they won't. I carried on painting but I kept glancing over to them, they seemed to just be watching us paint. I sighed relieved mentally.  

Spoke too soon, Kibum yanked the piece of paper away from Taemin, he sniggered at the drawing. 

"Is that supposed to be a potato?!" He laughed, showing his friends the painting. 

"No! That's Noona!" Taemin said angrily, trying to grab it, Kibum held it out of Taemin's reach and carried on laughing.  

"Give that back!" I snapped, putting my paint brush down and holding out my hand. Kibum grinned at me. 

"Yeah right." He cackled, almost in tears from Taemin's painting. Taemin was nearly in tears, but not from laughing. He rubbed his eyes to remove his unshed tears. 

"I said give it!" I yelled trying to snatch it off of him. The cat-eyed boy moved it out of my reach, I frowned.  

I looked back at Taemin, who couldn't hold them in, silent tears were already streaming down his face. 

"Look what you did!" I retorted to Kibum whilst pulling Taemin into a hug. 

"Kibum, just give it back!" The shortest of the group spoke up. Kibum turned to him with a look of disgust. 

"So your sticking up for the ugly girl now?!" Kibum snapped, shocked. The dark-haired boy just frowned at the cat-eyed boy and took the paper off of him. 

"Here," He handed it to me smiling, his little adorkable smile. I couldn't help but smile back. 

"T..thanks!" I grinned, feeling an almost swishy movement in my stomach.  

"My names Jonghyun!" He grinned, showing more of his perfect teeth "But you can call me Jjong." The other boys watched in shock, unsure of what to do. I blushed. 

"My names JaeHwa, this is Taemin!" I replied. Taemin had stopped crying now and was looking at Jonghyun cautiously. 

"Jonghyun.. c..can't do that?!" Kibum's voice trembled. "No.. don't be friends! Thats.. Not.. FAIR!" he yelled whilst scrunching his face and punching the air whilst stomping. "Not Fair Not Faiiir!" He chanted. Jonghyun smiled apolegetically at us then turned around.  

"Let's go play football!" Jonghyun cheered, running outside. The two other boys ran off cheering after Jonghyun. Kibum stayed, he had finally finished his tantrum, which no one paid attention to. He glared at me. 

"I hate you!" He growled before running after the other boys.

I smiled triuphantly, I think I just made a new friend!