Chapter 16

Ashley's POV

The door slowly creaked open. Austin stepped into the room with a small plate and cup." Good to see you're awake" he says.

"You're actually giving me food? I thought you wanted me dead,I didn't expect you to feed me anything."

"I don't want you dead,I just need you to help me get to Vanessa." He set the plate and cup next to me on the bed.

"You're such a jerk. Why can't you just let Vanessa and Zac be happy?"

"It's too early to tell you now,maybe I'll tell you later." He said before untying my hands.

I looked at him with a raised eyebrow." What,you think I was just going to leave the food there for you to stare at? Come on,Ashley,I'm not that mean."

"Oh yes you are,you literally kidnapped me just so that my best friend would break up with her true love to be with you. I call that being a pyscho."

"Just eat,I'll be back in a bit to take you to your proper room." He said before leaving the room." I swear he's a freaking pyscho." I said,looking down at the plate. There was waffles with syrup,bacon and hash browns. I quickly scarfed down the food and drank the water in the cup to wash it all down.

A few minutes after I finished eating,Austin came back. He took the plate and cup and left the room without saying anything. He came back a few minutes later without the plate and cup." Come on,I'm taking you to the room you'll be staying in."

I got off the bed and followed him out. He led me down lots of hallways and up a few small staircases. Surprisingly,everything was really nice." Is this your house?" I asked "yeah,it's just me and a few maids and cooks here,well now you as well." He said without looking back at me.

I was silent. I was busy looking around while we walked." Awestruck?" Austin asked." No,I just didn't know you were rich." I said, he chuckled. We stopped outside of a room that had a white door with blue flower details on the top. He unlocked the door to reveal a medium sized,beautiful room. I gasped while stepping inside.

The Room👇🏻

"Wow,did you decorate this your self?" I asked,looking around the room

"Wow,did you decorate this your self?" I asked,looking around the room." No I hired someone to decorate the whole house." Austin said." Since I'm being nice to you,I'll let you roam around the house,just leave the bottom floor alone,it's really gross down there,but other then that and my room you have access to the whole house. Here's the key to the room." He said,handing me a small silver key. I take it and put it on the desk in the room.

"You know it doesn't really feel like I'm being kept here against my will."

"I'm only being nice to you because I know that Vanessa wouldn't take me if I killed you."

"Here we go again,"

"Just listen,Ashley. What if you and Chris met when you were around twelve,and you guys had your first kiss. And after that you fell madly in love with him,and you thought he felt the same way. And for a year,he kept you thinking that you two were boyfriend and girlfriend. And that goes on for a year and then someone else swoops into his life and he starts dating them, would you like it? Would you still be madly in love with him? Or would you want revenge on the person that stole him from you just so you could have him back to yourself?'Cause that's how I feel about Zac."

We were both silent for a few minutes. How was I supposed to feel? Was I supposed to feel sympathetic?

"Austin,but if you still love that person... wouldn't hurting who hurt you,just hurt the person you love in the process?You would be taking away their true love,their... their whole world.  It's not like you hurting them would make them love you again,if anything,it would make them hate you."

We both stood in silence for a few moments.

"I made the deal withVanessa,because I owe her and I didn't know how to."

"What do you owe her for?"

Austin stood,silently for a few moments then sighed.

"I killed her father."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ohh. What do you think of Austin actually being nice and opening up to Ashley like that? Like I even surprised myself when I wrote that,I didn't' plan to write that!
But anyways,until next time...

-persephonenartemis