Chapter 12

Zac's POV

Vanessa's right. How did I not notice that someone else was in the house?

"I think it's best if you leave,Zac,I'll call you when she comes around." Stella says,putting her hand on my shoulder.

"Ok,just let me say bye to the kids" I say.

"Just tell me one thing,Zac" Stella says "I know you were planning on making a special dinner for you and V. Is that why you weren't there when Ashley was taken?"

I was shocked. I had never told Stella about the dinner. But then I realized that Ashley probably told her.

"Yeah, that's why. She doesn't know though right?" I ask. Even if she was mad at me right now,I still didn't want Vanessa to know about the dinner.

"No she doesn't know, is it still set up in the backyard?"

"Only the lights, Ashley was gone before I could finish setting up. It's probably for the best that I didn't finish though."

"Yeah I guess so.... I'll get the kids so you can say bye to them." Stella said before going inside. I didn't want to leave, but I know it's best to let Vanessa cool off.

Marissa and Zaciah came out of the house a few minutes later. I hugged Zaciah first,then Marissa.

"Do you have to go,Dad? What about mom?" Marissa asked." I promise I'll be back soon,your mom is just a little upset right now,I'm going to leave to let her cool off. You and your brother be good for your mom and auntie Stella while I'm gone." I say. It broke my heart knowing that I would be leaving my kids,even if it was only for at least a few hours.

"We'll be good. Stay safe dad" Marissa said.

"I will,you guys too." With that Marissa pulled away from the hug and went to stand next to Stella and Zaciah in the doorway. I climbed into my car. I put the key in the ignition. I waved bye to the kids before turning the key and backing out of the driveway.

Stella's POV

I hated telling Zac to leave but I know if I let him stay,Nessa would probably kick him out for good. I felt so bad for the kids and Zac but especially for my sister.

Me and the kids went back into the house. The kids ran up to their rooms while I went to check up on Nessa. I slowly peaked into her room to see that she was on her bed on the phone.

I couldn't hear the conversation but it sounded like she was frustrated. She hung up the phone and threw it on the floor. She started sobbing with her head in her hands and I rushed over to her." Are you ok,Ness?" I asked,rubbing her back.

"No,I'm not ok! My best friend is missing and I'm mad at my boyfriend even though I need him the most right now!" She wailed "where is he anyways?!"

"He left,well I asked him to, I knew if he stayed,with you like this,that you would probably kick him out permanently. He probably thought the same thing or I don't think he would have left." I say. I hope she doesn't get mad that I kicked him out,I only did it so that she wouldn't do something she'd regret.

"You did the right thing. How are the kids?"

"They seem to be all right. Marissa seemed pretty sad that Zac had to leave but he promised he would be back."

"They've really gotten attached to him,they always wait after school for us to come home." Vanessa smiled as she said that. She groaned." He's supposed to move in next week! But it's probably not the best time for that with Ashley missing."

"I'm sure he'll understand if you put it off until Ashley comes home."

"I guess,I'm just going to call Chris to make sure he knows and I'll call some of our friends as well, just to make sure they know what's going on."

"Ok I'll be in the living room if you need me." I say before leaving the room.

I wasn't actually going to the living room,I was going to the backyard.
"I'm letting them have that dinner together,whether I have help or not."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I said,I posted two chapters today! Sorry about this chapter it's kind of just a filler for the next chapter or two.

But doesn't this chapter just break your heart a little bit? I know it broke my heart a bit,especially Zac's POV.

But anyways,until next time,Bye!

-persephonenartemis