Chapter 30-This is Not the End: Pt 1

Chapter 30- This is Not the End: Pt 1

-Mia-

After school was over Emma and Amy went off with their boyfriends and Derek and I were left alone. Ah, the life of being the single ones, not that I am in any rush to be in a relationship or anything. I actually like the feeling of being single and not being with someone all the time. I haven't gone on a real date in two years, so I think it's time to catch up on that instead of rushing into relationship. Come to think of it, every time Emma or Amy leave Derek and I together they give me this 'look' like they were hinting towards me and Derek. Clearing up one thing, I don't like Derek like that at all, he's one of my long time best friends and I have a feeling he feels the same also. His mind seems to wandering off to something else or someone else.

Whenever we were left alone while the other got all coupley, we would go and hang out with each other for a while. Since it's been two years since we last talked with each other we decided this would be a good time as any to catch up with each other.

Currently Derek and I were walking down a trail that led to the community park, the one where I met the group when I called Aiden telling him about Mark. Derek and I sat at one of the picnic tables near the trees.

"So." I drawl taking a sip from the hot coffee I got from a café near the park. "How's life been?" I asked Derek who was seated on the opposite side of me.

"It's been going." Derek said simply take a sip from his own cup.

I gave him a pointed look and he gave me a small smile. "How are things at home?"

Derek visible tense for a moment but relaxed a second later. I remember how things were with at Derek's home. I was just hoping that they changed. "It's been peaceful actually." He said calmly not letting anything else slip from his lips. I understand if he doesn't want to talk about it with me. I do hope he does open up to at least one person about it, but it's his choice after all.

"How's Riley?" I asked switching the topic to his sister instead.

Derek scrunched his face up slightly. "She turned into a demon child."

I gapped at him and reached over slapping his arm. "Don't say that about sweet Riley, she can't be that bad!" I argued.

Derek glared at me playfully but rubbed the spot where I hit him. "Remind me to watch out for that hand of yours."

"Noted" I answered smirking at him.

"Well, she's not that bad I guess you can say. She is still my sister just a bit older. Riley's attitude gets on my nerves sometimes you just want to drop kick her out the house. Other than that she's good, just more annoying."

I chuckled at his irritated but confused expression due the topic of his sister. "She's a teenage girl remember that. We all go through that dramatic stage."

"I think you're still in that stage." Derek said smirking at me and I threw my empty cup at him. "See, getting dramatic over one little statement."

I glared at him for a few more moments. "Enough about me, how are you adjusting to being back home and going back to school after so long?" He asked.

I shrugged my shoulders lazily. "It's been.. normal I guess you can say."

"What do you mean?" He questioned.

"I don't know, things at home have been too normal. Like my parents are trying to make it seem as normal as possible since I was gone for so long. But I don't want normal, I want my parents to joke around, act silly, have fun like how we use to before I left. I just guess it takes some time before things are back to the way they were."