Chapter 20- The Best Friend's Secret

-Emma-

After that amazing date with Aiden it ending with him asking me to be his girlfriend, I was on cloud nine. No one could bring me down from that, I was so freaking happy the guy I had a crush on for so damn long wanted me to be his girlfriend, now tell me you wouldn't be on cloud nine also if that happened to you? Yeah that's what I thought. When he had dropped me home that night I swear I thought I was gonna have a permanent smile plastered onto my face. When he had drove off, I bolted inside and straight up to my room and dove onto my bed whipping out my phone from my back pocket and called Amy. I had to tell her if I didn't she would kill me the next day and I would have only enjoy being Aiden's girlfriend for a few hours, plus I'm too young to die.

When she finally answered the phone after the fourth ring, I didn't give her a chance to speak after she said hello. I dove right into what happened on the date and when I was done it was silent on the other end till I heard her squeal and her voice saying she was happy for me. But I know Amy she would have automatically squeal in between it all and interrupt asking questions, but she didn't this time and I knew something was wrong, I could hear it in her voice. I wanted to ask her but before I could she told me she had to go and hung up the phone. Now that's what made me suspicious, we would usually stay on to phone for hours analyzing every detail, but something happened from the time she dropped me off for my date and the time I called her and I was going to find out exactly what happened. Mission: Find Out What Best Friend Is Hiding. Dang, that's a long mission name. Oh well. Time to find out what Amy is hiding.

Then on Monday, instead of Amy picking me up for school, Aiden did. Hey, he's the boyfriend after all isn't that what he's suppose to do? Man that sounds weird to call him my boyfriend.

"Hey, sweetheart." Aiden said as I slid into his passenger seat and leaned over and gave me a kiss on the cheek. Of course that caused me to blush and made him smirk. "Missed me?" He asked as he drove off from my house.

I scoffed as buckled my seat belt. "Me miss you? I don't think so." I said waving my hand dismissively. Aiden grabbed that same hand and planted a small kiss on the back of it.

"You know you missed me." He sending a wink in my direction and turned his attention back to the road. I felt a thick layer of red coat my cheeks and I did have to admit I did miss Aiden last night and I couldn't wait to see him the next day. Ugh don't tell me I'm gonna turn mushy like all the other girls and become like them wanting to be at my boyfriend's hip all the time. If I turn like that someone drop a piano on me. Even though I did miss Aiden, that didn't mean I was gonna tell him that.

"So I bet as soon I as drove off last night you called Amy to spill about the date." Aiden said as he pulled into the parking lot of the school. How does he know these things?

"Maybe." I said nonchalantly.

"You so did, I could see when I dropped you off that you couldn't wait to spill about everything that happened." Damn his ability to read me so easy.

"Yeah right." I rolled my eyes and open the car door to get out. I was about to slid out the car when I felt a hand grab my wrist and yanked me back. I turned back to give Aiden a piece of my mind for grabbing me like that, but before I could say anything I felt his lips crashed onto mine. It was a sweet kiss filled with passion and I melt straight into it.

Aiden pulled away and tuck a piece of my hair behind my ear. "Well if you're afraid to say you missed me well let me say I did miss you." I smiled at that statement and place a small kiss on his lips.

"I wasn't afraid. I just didn't want to boost your ego even more." I said with a smirk and it was his turn to roll his eyes. I grabbed my bag and got out of the car the same time Aiden did, he walked over and grabbed my hand and interlaced our fingers together as we started to walk toward the front doors of the school. "See now I don't know why your considered a bad boy, when your all touchy feely, lovely dovey."