Chapter 23- Catching Feelings

-Emma-

"So what do you think?" Amy said nudging my shoulder with her own.

"Huh?" I said snapping out of my thoughts of projects and research papers. School has gotten hectic and all that seems to be on my mind lately was homework, research paper, projects and deadlines. Amy and I were currently walking down the hallway to the doors to exit since it was lunch time. We were going to meet up with the guys since that was our usual routine.

"Stop thinking so hard about school and its work." Amy said knocking my head with her fist lightly.

"I can't, these projects and papers are gonna be the death of me." I said with a pout on my lips and I swear they are. I have two papers due by the end of this week and haven't even started plus its Wednesday already, I also have a project due tomorrow that counts for thirty percent of my final grade and I wasn't even halfway done with it. The stress was eating away at my sanity and I was pretty sure I would be insane by the end of senior year.

"Well, why don't we do something fun tonight? Something that would allow us set our stress free for one night." She said

"I wish, Ames, but I can't. I still have Mr. Gray's project to finish and I'm not even halfway done with it." Yeah you heard right, my stupid boring math teacher gave us a project and just like I said its worth for thirty percent of my grade and its due tomorrow. Kill me now.

"You do know that his project is a group project right?" Amy asked with a raised eyebrow.

"What?! Tell me you're kidding?" I questioned and Amy shook her head. "Who are you in a group with?"

"No one, I was waiting for you to figure it out." Amy said.

I glared at her. "Did you finish it?"

"Yup!" she said popping the p.

"I hate you." I muttered at her and that caused her to chuckle slightly.

"Em, you're my best friend and what kind of best friend would I be if I didn't help you out in your time of need? I'll just put your name on it since you're so stressed out and have other work to do." Amy said with a smile.

I tackled her with a hug. "Literally, the best friend ever." I said squeezing her tightly.

She laughed and patted my back softly. "Okay okay, let go of me before I die from lack of oxygen."

I loosen my grip from her and walked out the double doors with her. "So are you willing to do something fun tonight with me since you have one less thing to worry about?" Amy asked with puppy dog eyes.

I groaned. "You know I can't resist those."

"I know." She said pouting out her bottom lip.

"Fine, what do you have in mind?" I asked as we walked closer to the stairs where we meet the guys at.

"Honestly, I don't have a clue." She said nonchalantly and glared at her. Really Ames? Nothing in mind? She is so lucky that I love her. I felt strong arms wrap around my waist pulling me into something hard.

"Why are you giving Amy 'the glare'?" A deep velvety voice asked. Aiden.

"She went all puppy dog eyes and pouty lip on me asking me to do something with her tonight and when I agreed she had nothing in mind." I said grumpily.

Aiden chuckled. "You get grumpy over the littlest of things." He said pinching my cheek to which I slapped his hand away and rubbed my poor cheek. Idiot.