Chapter 13- Dare to Kiss

-Aiden-

A weekend away from this ass of town sounded like heaven or as close to heaven as I could get to. Going to Matt's lake house was an awesome getaway and the fact that Emma was tagging along made it better. This could be the chance that I could let her in on my past, just a bit though. I can't have her know everything not yet that is, it would scare her off and that's something I don't want. I mean Emma is a person I could seem to open up to and it scares the hell out of me that someone like her could get the past that I've been hiding from everyone else out of me so easily. She's the one person who could actually listen and understand what I try to tell her. Damn I sound like a chick. Whenever I feel like I'm getting too close to her I withdraw back and I could see in her eyes that it hurts her and that leads me even closer to her. She like a magnet, no matter how far I try to get away from her she always seems to pull me back.

Okay so I know what you're thinking, this guy is totally whipped. But I don't think that's the case, I consider Emma a close friend. I know we've only known each other for a couple of weeks but she's Emma how can you not consider her a friend? I mean yeah I'm attracted to her with her short 5'6 frame, her brown wavy hair that falls mid back, her warm brown eyes and that body with all the curves in the right place. I could jus- Shut the hell up Aiden! This is Emma, your friend. Damn what the hell am I thinking? I shook my head to clear those thoughts. After Matt had invited us to the lake house this weekend, the guys and I decided to ditch the rest of school and go prepare for the trip. We decided to go to the supermarket to get some food for the trip and for the house after Derek and I dropped our cars home. Once in the supermarket the guys and I split and picked up a whole bunch of junk food like chips, cookies, pop tarts, ice cream, soda etc. You get the point. By the time we were finished our shopping cart was filled to the top, but we were missing one thing.

"Who's getting the alcohol?" Derek asked with a smirk on his face. Read my mind.

"Don't worry, I got that covered." Matt said smirking also. I wonder if Emma or Amy drinks? Both of them are too good for that, especially Emma. I highly doubt it, but I could always tease them with it. Once our shitload of food was paid for and pack in the truck we made our way to my house.

"So what's up with you and Emma?" Matt asked with a smirk on his face.

"What about her?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"You two seem to be getting awfully close" Matt answered back.

"We don't have a choice. We have a project to do." I stated. Derek wasn't joining in this conversation and that was odd because he usually does. I glanced in the mirror to see him lost in his own thoughts staring out the window. Strange.

"Yo Derek!" Matt called out. I guess he noticed too. Derek snapped out his thoughts and turn to face us.

"Huh, what?" Derek asked confused. I shook my head at him.

"Who are you daydreaming about?" I smirked at him. "Who got you so whipped?" I felt something hit my head hard and fell onto the floor in front of me. I look down and was shock to see that it was a football. Where the hell did he get that from? I turned to Matt to see that he was trying to hold in his laughter and his cheeks were puffed up like a balloon as the same for Derek. They both looked at me at the same time and busted out laughing.

"Holy shit, you should have seen your face!" Matt said trying to control his laughter. I glared at him.

"Dude, your face was priceless." Derek said patting my shoulder.

"You asshole." I muttered under my breath.

"Nah man, but Aiden is right. You've been acting strange for awhile, who's the girl that got you acting like lost puppy?" Matt asked Derek. "Could it be Emma?" When I heard that my eyes shot to the car mirror to see Derek's reaction, an unknown emotion flashed through his eyes when he heard her name, but I couldn't quite figure out what it was. This is the second time for that. Derek's eyes held no emotion as a smirk lifted onto his face.