Chapter Fourteen

On Monday morning, Colt drove me to school. Almost immediately, I spotted Chloe, she was hard to miss with her bright head of golden locks and pretty yellow sun dress that was matched with pale yellow ballerina flats.

The first thing I noticed was her eyes, which had dark purple half moons under them, the second was that she was by herself. I ran towards my best friend, when I reached her, I wrapped her in my arms.

Her arms went around me, while she began to cry into the crook of my neck. "I miss her so much, Ali, why'd she have to leave?"

"I don't know, Chloe, but its going to be okay, I'm here for you," I comforted her, breathing in her fresh strawberry scent.

"Thanks, Ali, I just-just don't know what to do without her. She was my mom, is my mom." She cried, "Why would she just leave?"

"She'll be back, I know she will," I rubbed her back comfortingly, "Remember, we have a dance to attend this Saturday, that should cheer you up, I'll even let you dress me up."

"R-really?"

"Really," I nodded, the bell rang suddenly, interrupting our conversation, "I'll see you at lunch?"

She nodded, "Yea," she pulled away, sent me a small smile and went off on her way to her first hour class. I disappeared in the crowd of high schoolers, heading to my first class of the day.

~~~~

When lunch rolled around, Colt and I met Chloe at our table under the oak tree. I picked up my Grilled Chicken Burger that I paid for in the cafeteria. Chloe ate a salad,and Colt drank his Mtn. Dew thoroughly, drinking every last drop in between cracking jokes to try and cheer Chloe up.

Chloe smiled at some of them, her mood lifting little by little, it was hard for Chloe to stay sad for long periods, it wasn't in her nature to be sad.

"Hey, Chloe! You going to the dance?" a girl I knew as Diana strolled up and asked, making herself right at home and sitting next to Chloe.

"Uh, yea, I always do," Chloe gave her a weird look, "Why do you ask?"

Diana glanced at me, her eyes narrowed and I finally got it, she was one of Colt's one night stands!

"Just wondering, hey, Colten, are you going to the dance with anyone?" she batted her eyelashes. I had a new found hatred for this girl.

"Yea, for once I do," he slung an arm over my shoulder, smiling. Had he even asked me to the dance? I couldn't remember.

"I bet I'd be more... fun."

"No one asked you, bitch, now get your sleazy ass out of my view before I screw up your face," Chloe gave her a menacing look, if looks could kill, Diana would be dead, dead, dead.

I smiled smugly at Diana as she huffed and got up, "Don't mess with me, sunshine," she glared at me.

"Was that supposed to be a comeback? Good god, girl, please get a new vocabulary," Chloe stood up and glared at Diana right back, "Don't think I'm scared to kick your ass in front of everyone, leave my friends alone."

Diana smirked, she didn't believe Chloe, but only because Chloe was always nice. To everyone, unless they pissed her off.

Chloe looked determined to prove that she could kick the other girl's ass, Colt and I looked on in shock, well he was in shock, I wasn't surprised. While Chloe was the nicest person in the school, she didn't take people's shit.

Before anyone could utter a word, Diana was on the ground, blood oozing from her nose. Chloe had her hands on her hips, looking down at Diana.

"Told you," she sat back down. One teacher rushed over, she helped Diana up and asked her what happened.

"That bitch hit me!" Diana screeched like a banshee.

"Oh stop lying, Diana, Chloe wouldn't hurt a fly," the teacher insisted.

Diana sent daggers our way, before going with the teacher to the nurses office. It was going to be a long day, but at least Diana wouldn't be involved with it.

*******************************************************

A/N

Sorry, no romance in this scene, its also a little shorter only because its sorta a filler... Because I'm going to make chapter 15 as long as I can!:):);) The dance will be at the end of chapter 15... maybe... but there will be plenty of drama, Im already scheming! Lol, vote comment follow! (Wont update till after March 7, 2014)

Xoxo, Morgiebug.

P.S. not edited!