Chapter Sixteen

That morning was rushed, Colt and I had overslept. Even tough the dance was at 6, Chloe wanted me at her house in the wee hours of the morning. it was one in the afternoon. I was completely late, Chloe would be pissed.

"Hurry up, Colt, Chloe is already out for blood," I stressed, running my hands through my hair, trying to pull the stress away.

"Relax, Ali, it'll be fine, she'll forgive you," Colt pulled his pant up his legs, before grabbing his keys and wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling me out into the brisk wind.

I still wore his shirt, but I also wore my jeans from yesterday, Colt gave me an adoring look, before he got in the car. I followed suit.

"I love it when you wear my clothes," he started the car. I blushed, unsure of how to respond. He slowly put his hand on my thigh, as if he wasn't sure what I'd do. I was glad that I wasn't the only unsure one.

The drive to Chloe's was nerve-racking, only because I knew what I would be getting into when I arrived at her house.

Chloe was outside on her porch when we pulled into the driveway, her phone was at her ear, and she completely dropped it when she saw me. She ran out to the car and threw open my door, pulling me into her arms.

"What the hell, Ali?! I was so worried! You didn't even call me, I thought you were dead!" Chloe cried, burying her head in the crook of my neck. I could feel her tears, she hugged me tighter and tighter.

"Im sorry, Chloe, I thought you knew that Colt had found me," I whispered. Colt waved before backing out of the driveway.

"Im so happy your okay! What if something bad would've happened? Ali, if your going to run off, please bring your phone," she pleaded, pulling back, she kept on arm around me and brought me inside her house. I nestled my head into her shoulder, I felt so bad that I'd made her that worried. Worried enough that she wasn't even mad that I was late.

"I'm sorry, Chloe, I really am," I told her, expecting her to continue her rant, but she surprised me by say,

"Its okay, now lets go get you ready for the dance," she smiled, tugging me up the stairs into her room.

I grabbed my phone out of my purse and texted Colt

'Are you going to pick me up or am I going to meet you at the dance?'

'I'll pick you up, I have to go, I'm driving.'

I sighed, Chloe was getting out all of her makeup supplies and curling irons and straighteners. Was I over my head here? Yes, yes I was. Was Chloe insane? Yup, she most definitely was. This was a bad combination.

Chloe turned to face me, putting her hand on the back of a wooden chair she motioned for me to sit it the chair. I decided to comply, seeing as to I owed her that.

She ran a brush through my hair, swiftly taking out all the tangles and snarls, then she gestured for me to remove my shirt.

"Fine," I huffed, slipping out of Colt's shirt, Chloe always said that if your doing hair its best to be without a shirt because when you take it off, it screws everything up.

"Thank you," she sang, but she didn't ask about the shirt, for which I was thankful.

~~~~

Colt's POV

I pulled out of Chloe's driveway, knowing that eventually Ali would talk to Chloe about last night when I saved her and she'd know that I'd been lying. I knew it was wrong, but I couldn't tell her the truth. I couldn't, if I did she would leave me.