Chapter Twenty-Two

Anne was a kind person, I knew this. She didn't force me to do anything, she was patient too, which was good because it took me quite a while in order to tell some parts of the story. She would ask questions an for the most part, I answered right away.

"Alice, you came so close to being kidnapped, your very lucky, so just relax and let us find the other girls," Anne tried to soothe me.

"B-but what if y-you cant f-find them? What h-happens then?" I cried, worry cinching my nerves tightly.

"We will find them, sweetie, until then, don't go anywheres alone and stay safe, okay?" her soft eyes left my face and glanced at her notes, "Is there anything else you need to mention?"

I shook my head, my tears cascading down my face, "N-n-no."

"Ill let you clean up before I make you leave," she tried to joke.

"T-thank y-y-you," I stuttered, trying to wipe my tears away.

"No problem, dear," she got up and handed me a card, "It has my number on it, call me anytime, okay?"

I nodded, afraid to speak. I got my breathing under control and tried to make my tears stop, but they weren't having any of it.
~~~~
Colt's POV

I watched the door that Ali and Anne had disappeared behind intently, was she okay? Worry ate at my guts, making me feel very much like a girl, which I was starting to believe I was becoming around Ali. She made me care.

My phone vibrated, I knew I was late, Zach needed me to go to a party today to sell some of the stuff. Despite my dislike for the job, I checked my phone.

'You need to get here, Now.' -Zach

I hesitated, I couldn't just leave Ali she depended on me to get her home and to be here for her.

'Ill be a little while, somethings come up,' -Me

'You'd better hurry, or Princess will pay for you,' -Zach

'Leave her out of this or Ill beat you to a pulp,' -Me

I put my phone away and continued to wait for Ali, when she came out, I could tell that she'd been crying a lot. I stood, holding my arms open, she threw herself into my arms.

"Shh, its alright, how'd it go?" I asked, rubbing her back.

"I-it was a-awful, C-c-colt!" she cried, burying her head in my chest. As much as I adored her stutter, I hated to see her cry or be sad. It broke my heart, I really couldn't leave her, not when she was like this.

"Should we go get ice cream or something?" I asked hesitantly,glancing at the nearby clock. I was going to be super late, if I didn't just decide to skip. But the threat of Zach coming near Ali drove me to promise that I would go.

She shook her head, "I-i-it won't h-help."

"What would make you feel better, Ali?" I whispered, "A movie?"

She nodded, "T-that sounds g-g-good," she tried to gain her composure but it wasn't working. Her eyes were puffy and red, and her cheeks were stained with tears.

I kept my arm around her shoulder as I took her out to my truck, when she got in she cuddled close to me. I put my hand on her thigh, as she reached to turn the radio up.

"D-do you k-know the wor-worst part, C-colt?" she asked softly, her eyes never looking up to meet mine.

"What?" I squeezed her thigh, guilt searing through me, if I hadn't left her alone she wouldn't be so sad.

"T-the fact t-that I c-couldn't get away, t-that I c-couldn't save m-m-mysel," she wiped at the tears, her voice wobbling.

"I shouldn't have left you alone, it was dumb of me, really," I put the key in the ignition.

"No, its n-not your fault, not a-at all, I-I went l-looking for y-you and I s-should've stayed put," she glanced at me, gently putting her small hand on mine.

"It doesn't matter, if I would've have left then you would've never went looking for me," I pulled away from the station and into the highway.

She shook her head, "N-n-no, don't blame yourself," she started to calm down a little.

"Please don't argue with me, Ali, its my fault, I know it. Please just don't go anywhere alone, ever, I cant just lose you like that," I then shook my head, "That literally scared the shit out of me."

She continued to lean her head against my shoulder, "Will you stay tonight?"

"I cant, Ive got to go to work," I hated lying but it wasn't really lying but I withheld that I was going to a party to sell drugs.

She wiped at her eyes, "Okay, just text me, please."

I knew that after telling Anne everything had made her relive everything again, I knew that she was scared, but Zach's threat rang clear as day in my mind.

"I promise you that I will," I pulled up to the curb at outside her home, "Bye," I kissed her forehead.

"See ya," she crawled out of the truck and raced through the gates, where she then disappeared inside the mansion.
******************************************************
A/N
Heeyyyyy!! Whats up?! Im so happy I updated, Im thinking about updating again very soon, I know I say this a lot but this time, Im dead serious. Lol, Vote, Comment, Follow!
Xoxo,
Morgiebug<3
P.S. not edited!