Chapter Five

"Colt? What're you doing here?" I asked, smiling.

He walked up the steps till he was right in front of me. "I came by to ask you what we had for homework today."

"R-really?" I quirked an eyebrow at him, but it probably didn't look right on me seeing as to he chuckled the looked down at me and, if possible, his smile widened.

"No not really, I'm here to talk to you," he insisted.

"O-oh, okay, we c-can talk in my r-room." I stuttered away, turning and leading him up the stairs to my messy room.

Now I saw my room with a new eye, my blue painted walls, the bright green carpet, my blue comforter on my twin bed with the mirror hanging over it. My desk was covered with books and notebooks which also concealed my laptop. Dirty clothes were in a pile in the corner of my room next to my dresser, and my closet doors were wide open. I blushed, wow, embarrassing.

"Why're you blushing?" he questioned, going to go sit down in my desk chair.

"B-because my room is a mess," I looked down, ashamed.

"I like it, it feels... homey." he reassured me.

"Oh," my checks flammed even redder, as I thought of something to say. "So, w-what'd you want to talk to me about?"

He cocked his head to the side and studied me, "I actually just wanted to see you."

My head snapped up, "W-why?"

"Because I missed you and your stutter."

That's when I realized he had a black eye, and dabs of blood on his shirt. Why didn't I notice this earlier?!

"What happened?!" I rushed forward to him and gently ran my fingers over his eye. He winced- or was that shiver?- and caught my hand in his.

"I'm fine, it's nothing." he assured me.

"That's not nothing," I whispered, looking down at the blood in his shirt. "Who did this to you?"

"It was nothing, Ali, I just got in a fight," he stated simply, as if it were normal. Which it probably was.

"Please tell me," I pleaded, noticing that his bottom lip was split. Electricity pulsed through my hands as he held them, with us being so close in proximity I felt alive. On fire even.

Ever softly I heard him whisper, "I was protecting you from a gang..."

"A gang? Why...?"

"Ali, they followed us yesterday. I... that's why I didn't stay for dinner, I had to take care of that before I could do anything else."

"A-are you... in a gang, Colt?"

"That's not important," he pulled me into a hug as I processed this information.

"Wait, then why does your shirt have blood on it?" I asked quietly.

"Lets just say it was one against a dozen or so and one ended up getting his ass whooped." he murmured into my hair. Fear seized my heart.

"Why would you even fight them?" I wondered.

"Because otherwise they would've ambushed me when I left your place." He explained.

"Don't ever fight for me like that, your my friend and it's important that I know that your safe." I praised my self for controlling my stutter. "I don't have many friends, so you need to stay out've trouble because having two friends is the most I've had in a long time."

"I'm not promising anything, but let's be done with the heavy and move into the fun." he suggested, letting me go, I instantly missed his arms being around me, for once I felt safe.

"Okay," I nodded, trying not to show how good his arms had felt around me. "So, you hungry?"

"Yes! I'm starved, take me to your fridge." he stood up and clutched his stomach dramatically.

"It's a good thing it's not a weekend then," I joked.

"Why?"

"Because then the cooks are off and the only one left is grumpy Jeffery." I laughed, "He's not too bad but if you ask him for a snack, just watch out,"

"Oh," he became serious, "Who else is here with you on the weekend?"

"That's all, it's just Jeff and I." I shrugged nonchalantly, leading him back down the stairs.

"Your parents?"

"Are never here, or when they are they ignore me." I shrugged again. "So what do you want to eat? I can ask Jeffery to cook something up for you."

"Lets see what you have in the fridge." he insisted.

"Okay, but we aren't done with this conversation, y'know that right, Colt?" I lead him out of my room and down the stairs.

Once we were in the kitchen, I walked over to the huge fridge.

"We have a bunch of stuff, so, um, just pick something out." I waved a hand to the fridge.

He sauntered over, his eyes scanning over the food in the fridge before pulling out the jar of pickles.

"Pickles?" I raised a questioning eyebrow.

"Yea, I happen to like dill pickles." he unscrewed the lid and grabbed a pickle. Before putting the jar back and closing the fridge door.

"Jeffery! Put the steak on the grill," screeched an all to familiar voice. "Jeffery! Answer me when I give you an order!"

Instead of waiting for Jefferh though, the all too familiar voice of a woman came into the kitchen, catching Colten and I.

"Alice-Mae, what are you doing in here?! I thought I made it clear that your going to get fat if you keep snacking!" she paused, her lips pursued while she took in the sexy, lean, male boy in her kitchen standing next to her youngest daughter. "And what have we here?"

My mum had caught me in the kitchen, and not just in the kitchen but with a high school boy who was not who my mum wanted me to be with.
*******************************************************
A/N
Sorry about the short chapter, guys, I had to sneak this part in to cause trouble! (and questions rise with my last paragraph) So what do you think of the wicked mum of the west? Lol, hope you liked it! Vote, comment, follow!
P.S. not edited!
Love, Morgiebug! <3