Chapter Twenty-Five

Colt smiled the whole drive, which had to have been at least a two hour ride. I shifted on my side, my back making me feel uncomfortable.

"Colt, please tell me where were going," I begged, he shook his head, "Why not?"

"Because, its a surprise," he glanced my way, I rolled my eyes at him.

"Are you sure you cant give me a hint?" I urged, trying out one of Chloe's moves and putting my hand on his knee.

He glanced at me, clearly amused, "Wheres the surprise in that?"

I sighed loudly, "I don't like surprises."

He chuckled, "Thats an understatement. Ill give you one hint, cool water."

"Thats a really bad hint, you know that right?" I laughed, "Every place here has cool water."

He let out a bark of laughter, "Nuh uh, not all places, but this one does."

I stared at him, trying to figure it out, "Does it involve the Lake Superior?"

"Damn girl, nice way to kill my surprise for you," he joked.

"Where on Lake Superior are you taking me?" I pondered the question thoughtfully, looking at the road signs.

"No way, no cheating."

"Its not cheating, your the one who gave me the hint," I kept up on my search.

"Stop it," he hissed, "Your ruining the surprise."

I looked at him, seeing how nervous he actually was. "Colten, its okay, I like to be outside."

He let out a breath, "Good, because thats involved in my plan."

I grinned happily, "Great, so where are we going?"

"Grand Marais," he smiled, "And I planned that we'd have a picnic on the rocks since its beautiful out still."

"Did you bring pickles?"

"No, why?" He glanced at me.

"Well if we're going on a picnic, are we having sandwiches? Pickles are good on sandwiches."

He shook his head, smiling and laughing at what Id said, "God, your crazy."

"But you love me," I froze, realizing what I just said, "It, you love it."

I blushed bright red, wow, talk about embarrassing.

"I do love you, though," he whispered, I glanced at him, seeing that he had a light blush creeping up his face.

"You...You do?" I scooted closer to him so that I could hear what he said next.

"I really do, and it really scares me because I've never felt this way. Ever." he kept his eyes on the road, I saw the Grand Marais sign nearing.

"I love you too," I murmured quietly, afraid of rejection, especially if he was just kidding. My heart pounded in my chest as I watched his reaction to my words. He smiled, taking my hand and bringing it to his lips. He kissed every knuckle, his eyes on me.

I ducked my head, my smile radiant as he slowly turned his gaze back to the road.

We sat in a comfortable silence as we neared the beach destination. He still held my hand, and we were both smiling like fools when we pulled up to the beach parking. The sun was just setting over the lake, making this the most beautiful day of my life, I knew that there was still more to come though.

He got out of the truck first, racing to my side before I got out just so he could open the door for me. I hopped out, into his arms, this was the best date ever and it'd just begun.

He grabbed my hand then reached into the tool box in the bed of his truck, pulling out a picnic basket and leading me out onto one of the huge rocks, one of the more flat ones might I add.

"It's so beautiful," I smiled, blinking back tears at the sunset, "This is perfect."

The sound of the waves hitting the rocks rose up to greet us, with the remaining amount of sunlight illuminating the icy waters of Lake Superior and making it seem endless.

"I'm happy you like it, but it's not the end, there's more to come," he insisted, sitting down on the rock and pulling me down with him. The only thing missing was the red and white checkered picnic blanket. He pulled out a Tupperware, which contained my favorite meal in the summer. Fried chicken.

I squealed like any normal girl, "I love fried chicken! How did you know?"

"A little birdie told me, her name is Chloe," he smiled, "The Great Ass Kicker, bless Steven's soul for daring to stay with her while she was pissed."

I laughed in merriment, "Did he really?"

"He did," Colt said as he pulled out Ketchup.

"Ohmigod, Ketchup, let me guess, Chloe, right?" I reached for one of the paper plates, putting two chicken legs on it and then adding the majestic Ketchup.

He nodded, "She claimed you couldn't live without it."

"Well she wasn't lying, I love Ketchup," I met his eyes, "Your a great boyfriend, Colt."

If possible, his grin widened, "I know."

We ate, and talked, watching the sunset together. When we were done eating and had cleaned up, I leaned against his shoulder, looking up at the stars, the cold waves of Lake Superior touching my toes as I lowered them into the water.

"This is wonderful, Colten, really it's beautiful," I whispered, he wrapped an arm around me, to protect me from the now chilly wind.

"I'm glad that you seemed to have as much fun as I did," he kissed my temple, "I don't want this night to end."

"It doesn't have to, the night's still young, we could stay longer," I suggested as we leaned back to get a better view of all the stars.

"Do you remember the TV show Hannah Montana?" he asked quietly.

"Yea, why?" I glanced at him.

"Well, do you remember that one episode where her boyfriend dedicated a star to Miley?" when I nodded he continued, "Even though I probably cant do that, I'm going to, I dedicate all the stars to you, Ali, and whoever says I cant do that can go screw themselves," he murmured, making my heart swell with love for him, "You shine brighter then the stars, even if that's meant as a cheesy pickup line, it's true for you."

"I just might cry now," my throat tightened, as my eyes watered, "That's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me."

"I love you, Ali," he turned his head and met my eyes.

"I love you," I quietly replied, he sat up taking me with him. He cupped my face in his hands, as he leaned towards me gently, lovingly, pressing his lips to mine he kissed me.

**********************************************************************************************************************

A/N

I love this chapter!! Hope you guys like it, it makes me tear up even, of course if I ever reread it I'll probably find a bunch of reasons not to love it, but I love the wording and I can picture so clearly, I know what your all going to think. You wrote it, so of course you can picture it, well yea but I love how it looks in my head and I hope you can picture it with as much beauty as I do and love it! Vote, Comment, Follow!:):):)

Xoxo,

Morgiebug<3