Chapter Two

I twirled around, thus coming face to chest with a very real Colten. He was smirking. My heart melted but my emotions were a little pissed.

"W-what?" I stuttered, silently cursing myself. Why was I so shy? Why couldn't I be like Chloe??

"What's your name?" he cocked an eyebrow at me, avoiding my question. God he was so close! I slowly backed up one step, my back hitting Chloe.

"M-my name?" I raised my eyebrows, confused. Why would he want my name?

"Yes, the name I should call you by from now on." he sounded like he was asking a question.

"Uh..." I trailed off. "I'm, uh, I'm Alice."
Oh god I sounded mentally insane! I'm such an idiot!

"Nice to meet you, Alice." his smirk came back.

"And I'm Chloe!" Chloe exclaimed bravely, extending her hand.

Colten shook her hand, only for a second before he released it. "I've seen you around, aren't you in my English class?"

"Yea, I am." she stated proudly, smiling like she'd won the lottery. I felt a pang of jealousy but I shoved it away. Chloe was just being her social self. She knew I liked Colten.

"Cool, so, Alice, what classes do I have you in?" Colten asked me.

"Umm, I'm in most of your classes..." I blushed bright red. Awkward...

"Really?" he asked in surprise, his eyes widening. He looked kinda embarrassed that he'd never noticed me.

"Yea," I blushed. "But its cool that you didn't notice me, not many people do."

"I'm sorry, you must think I'm an asshole."

"I don't, but most everyone else does." I shrugged, I was used to being invisible. I was even ok with it.

He looked a little relieved that I didn't think badly of him. "Still though I'm sorry that I didn't notice you."

"It's, uh, okay..." now I was super uncomfortable. Why did he even notice me now? Was it because I ran into him? Why did he want to talk to me?

"Sooo, I've got some stuff to take care of... see ya!" Chloe shot me a knowing look and trotted away smiling.

"Sooo..." I said awkwardly, silently cursing and blessing Chloe's soul.

"Sooo..." he smiled at me, as he scratched the back of his neck. "Aren't you going to ask me what I want?"

"Nope," I said popping the 'p'. "I figure you'll, uh, tell me..."

"Well you've got that right." he chuckled. "I actually don't know why I tried so hard to find you, by the way you are super hard to find if it weren't for Chloe I might not've noticed you over here, but I really want to be your friend."

That's the longest speech I've ever heard him say... and the weirdest...

"Uh..." I honestly didn't know what to say, but I did know that my stomach liked to play topsy-turvy around him and that my heart was tattooing itself to my ribs...

"So, what do ya think? Ya wanna hang out with the bad boy?"

At those words I'm pretty damn sure my heart stopped completely before I became really dizzy. Luckily though when I fainted, the table decided to catch me.
*******************************************************
First thing I was very aware of, was people arguing. Loudly. It sounded like Chloe and... a male. Colten maybe?

"... What did you do to her!?" Yup that was my protective Chloe.

"Nothing! I just asked if she wanted to be friends and... she fainted!" and there's Colten.

"Well for your information, mr, Alice doesn't really like attention nor does she have many social skills! You probably overwhelmed her, you bastard!" I'd never once heard Chloe cuss like this. Wow she really was pissed.

I groaned. "God you guys, stop screaming in my ear! I'm trying to catch some z's."

"She sounds stoned. Who says z's anyway?" Colten's voice sounded closer.

"She does, you dimwit, and this is her cool self. When she doesn't realize what she's saying."

"Shush, or I'll pummel you both." I mumbled.

"Pummel?" Colten asked in question before yelling 'ow!'.

I opened my eyes lazily, saw Colten and it was as if I'd been splashed with very cold water. My eyes widened and I screeched.

"What, uh, what happened?" I gulped, proud that I didn't stutter.

"You fainted, Alice, because of this ass." Chloe glared heatedly at Colten.

"I didn't do anything! All I did was ask her if she wanted to hang out!" he defended himself, throwing his hands up in the air.

"Doesn't matter, you still made her faint." Chloe insisted.

"It's not my fault I'm undeniably sexy." he smirked. Actually smirked.

Chloe grumbled a few strings of curses and lifted her small fists.

"Chloe! Don't hit him!" I shocked us all by saying.

Chloe came to my side, "Why not?"

"Because... because..." that was a good question, a question I didn't have an answer to. "I don't know..."

"Exactly," she shook her head before facing Colten. "You better get going, shithead, before I hit you so hard you'll shatter."

He held up his hands in mock surrender. "Sorry, but she's my excuse not to go to class."

"I'm giving you 5 seconds to up and out before I shove my foot.."

"Bye, Colt, I'll see ya in English Lit." I chirped shyly, probably saving him from a major ass kicking from Chloe. See Chloe had a temper, she was normally bright and positive but when that time if the month came you'd better be on her good side.
He smirked at me, nodding, and then flipping Chloe off before making a B-line to his next class.

"What a punk." Chloe muttered before turning to me. "Are you okay, Ali?"

"I think so, why? Am I blue?" I began to panic, did I look bad?

"No, no, no, I was just wondering how you were feeling."

"Oh... fine, I think." I clasped my hands together. "How long was I out and how much homework did I miss?"

"Out of all the stuff you worry about at this moment homework is one of them..." she shook her head while smiling.
*******************************************************
A/N P.S. this chapter is not edited. Whoo whoo! Chapter two! Oops guess its been a while... I seriously didn't know what to write! lol, vote, comment, follow!!!
Love Morgiebug