Chapter Eighteen

I ran, faster then ever, my feet pounding against the tiles. Running sounded behind me, fear built up and I found that I was unable to scream. Tears forced their way down my face. Shit, shit, shit! I was so dead!

Its amazing what adrenaline does, really, but I still didn't think I was fast enough. I couldn't escape, and I was scared shitless.

"You'll have to stop eventually, little Mae," he cooed.

This only made me go faster, pumping my arms, I would not slow down and I wouldn't stop. Why couldn't I have stayed with Chloe?!

A strangled cry erupted from my throat as I tripped, I stood quickly and began to run again, feeling my knees start to bleed. A finger brushed my lower back, I screamed. Loud and shrill, like something out of a horror movie.

Running like an olympic track star, I raced down unfamiliar hallways, trying and failing to remember the layout of the school that Id memorized over the years of being here.

Nothing was the same in the dark, I knew that by now I had to be on the other side of the school, because the loud music was gone, I had to lose the tail. And quick.

The pounding of footsteps got louder, and the hallway was nearing the end. A dead end. I let out another shrill scream, before turning like a ninja and trying to get past him. He stood with his arms outstretched, as if to deter me.

I screamed again, panic taking my heart hostage. The tears ran freely now, I was doomed.

"Your the farthest any of them have came to out running me, Miss Mae," he breathed, coming closer to me, "But you couldn't get away, and you wont."

I whimpered, my throat feeling like sandpaper as I let out another ear splintering scream, "Stay away from me!"

My voice wobbled and I was backing up.

"Oh, Ive been waiting for this moment," he came towards me, "You'll never understand how much."

"Help!" I shrieked, my back hitting the brick wall, "Help!"

"No one will be able to hear you, Miss Mae," he stood an inch in front of me. I twisted my head to the side, trying to avoid his liquor tinged breath. His hand stroked my cheek and I cringed.

"Please don't hurt me," I pleaded meekly.

He let out a dark laugh, "No can do, Mae, I cant help it, Im me."

I whimpered, shoving him away with as much strength as I could muster. He stumbled back a couple steps before coming at me and grasping my delicate looking wrists in his strong grip, I howled in pain. With his other hand he forced my face to look at him, roughly he kissed me. I made a face and tried to kick him, to my dismay, it did nothing to stop him it only provoked him.

He shoved me against the wall, a cruel sound forcing its way out of his mouth. I whimpered in pain, I kicked out a leg again, this time catching his shin. His hand moved down towards my thighs, I screamed, or tried to. I fought to get my hands free, knowing that if I lived there would be bruises.

I twisted my eyes closed, feeling defeated, I kicked out again. He pulled back, and I could feel him smirking as he slung a piece of duct tape across my mouth. I screamed into the tape, but then there was a ripping sound again and with that he duct taped my wrists together, layering them up with the sticky tape.

He jerked me down the hall, thats when I realized the only two people that would miss me had no clue where I was. Guilt filled me, accompanying the fear. I let out another scream, as I fought against the restraints. If I didn't get away now, I never would.