Chapter 27

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience in waiting for this chapter but between some health hiccups and trouble getting a couple of scenes up to my liking I have had a bit of a hard time.

I must say a big THANK YOU to my new Beta reader Sherrylee

*******

 “You said you will need to wrap Wynn up in a blanket,” Sam coaxes gently. He scoops up a baby blanket and places it on the bed frame.

 “One baby blanket,” Sam announces. The glance he slides my way tells me he is hoping he isn’t encouraging me to return to the bed I had for myself and lay down. Mitchell moves to the bed and awkwardly lays Wynn on the blanket, I move to his side and after a moments hesitation I glance at my brothers then Donovan.

“I guess you need to learn how Wynn likes to be wrapped up,” I say quietly. When all three are standing where they can see I slowly do each step as Marissa had shown me. I place Wynn with his head towards one corner and fold the blanket around him securely. When Wynn is wrapped up I pick him up and hold him close glad to have him back in my arms.

“Coming out to the lounge room Rosy?” Donovan urges and after a few moments hesitation I follow him to the door, I glance back at my brothers and see Sam grabbing several nappies and the packet of baby wipes before following me to the door. Mitchell falls into step beside me, his hand resting on the small of my back keeping me moving as we walk down the sunroom towards the lounge room. I hesitate at the end of the room where the lounge room doorway opens off the end of the entry hall. I glance into the room noting most of the toms are in the kitchen, the steady pressure of Mitchell’s hand at my back moves me through the doorway and I look around uncomfortably.

“Where do you want to sit Rosy?” Sam asks quietly and I look beyond the lounge at the floor where one large mattress sits against the front of the lounge, it is either there or the chair over by the wall where I sat earlier. 

“On the mattress where I can watch the tv but no one is allowed to touch Wynn,” I say quietly.

“Do you want to sit there while we get the food or do you want to? …” Sam begins to ask.

“Why don’t you make yourselves comfortable and we’ll bring your meals in to you,” Micah says from the kitchen. I glance his way uneasily and take a step closer to Sam.

“Come on, let’s get you and Wynn settled hey?” Mitchell urges me around the lounge and soon I am seated on the mattress and leaning against the lounge as I place Wynn on the mattress against my thigh between Sam and myself.

“He’ll be safe I promise,” Sam says quietly to me and I turn my head to watch Micah and Steven warily as they come in carrying two plates each. Micah offers one of the plates to me and I take it with a small nod of thanks. He moves back slightly before sitting in a nearby chair. I look towards Steven to find he has handed a plate of food to Sam. I glance towards Mitchell noting he doesn’t have a plate of food.

“Tv isn’t not too loud for Wynn is it?” Micah asks distracting me for a moment. I glance down at Wynn where he is asleep beside me and I give my head a slight shake.

“Doesn’t seem to be,” I say quietly.

“I have to go back to my place for tea,” Mitchell says gently as I look his way again. 

I put my plate aside and place a hand on Wynn uneasily. I am hungry and the aroma from the food is making my belly gurgle noisily but I watch uneasily as everyone makes their way into the lounge room. Other than Donovan they all take seats well back from me and I don’t miss the way they cast cautious glances Micah’s way before making themselves comfortable.