Chapter 32 The Wedding

• Dedicated to Merlica Elfrey

Hallo Readers,

This is the final chapter in To Love a Stray. Thank you for following Rosy on her journey.

A special thank you to Merlica for posting the song that inspired me to write this chapter. Without that special song I would never have seen Rosy making her way down the Aisle to Micah. Thank you.

Mygypsy.

Rosy:

The rhythmic feel of the brush running through my long hair is soothing as Lilly works the few tangles out of the strands at the back. I feel her use her fingers to separate and twist the top layers into a pony tail so she can pin it to the top of my head before she brushes out the under layers. We are in Jazzy's old bedroom in the main house while Sam baby-sits my sons at the quarters so we can finish off the last of the wedding preparations.

"How much do you want trimmed off?" Lilly asks. "The bottom few centimetres are dry and brittle but I haven't noticed any split ends."

"Take about four inches, ten centimetres off it," I say.

"You're really weird at times," Lilly says with a laugh. "You grew up with the metric system but talk inches, feet and miles most of the time. Guess because you worked with Unca,"

I glance in the mirror propped against the wall in front of me. Lilly is busy sectioning my thick hair into layers and I watch as she bites one corner of her bottom lip as she works. She glances up from what she is doing and meets my eyes in the mirror for a second before getting a mischievous smile.

"I could shave your head," Lilly says drawing a gasp from Jazzy who is stretched out on her side on the bed watching.

"You can't do that!" Jazzy exclaims horrified. "The wedding is in three days time!" Sitting with Jazzy on the bed is Sasha who giggles and I turn my head to see Sasha covering her face with both hands as she tries to hold the laughter back. Jazzy has turned her head to look at Sasha and I can see the good-natured frown on her face as she eyes Sasha.

"Do you want your sister to be bald on her wedding day?" Jazzy asks lightly.

"I can hear Sam grumbling saying Rosy done it so she doesn't have to wear flowers in her hair!" Sasha says before bursting into typical silly teenage giggles.

"I'd be more worried about what Micah thinks," Jazzy says trying to sound indignant.

"As long as Rosy wasn't wearing any clothes I don't think Micah would notice," Lilly says with a laugh.

"And then Micah would have other things on his mind rather than getting married!" Jazzy says in annoyance. "And I want a wedding more than another nephew at the moment,"

"Why would you automatically think nephew?" Lilly asks as I glance towards Jazzy hearing the sadness in her voice. Only two days have passed since she had a miscarriage and I know she is finding it hard to cope with the loss.

"Because it takes the guys ages to work out how to do it right," Sasha says brightly and I glance her way with surprise.

"Where on earth did you get that idea?" I ask her.

"Sam and Mitchell explained about sex and everything to me and that's what Sam said when I asked why are the boys always born first," Sasha explains patiently. "It makes more sense to me for the girl to be the oldest, so that way she won't get bossed around by her brothers all the time!"

"And did you impart that piece of wisdom to our brothers?" I ask with a grin. I don't dwell on the fact that at fourteen she shouldn't have to be having talks with our brothers about the birds and the bees. I only know I was younger than her when I learnt about that side of life.