Chapter 25

Rosy’s story:

I crouch over the vealer carcase as I worry a chunk of meat free, my tail lashes from side to side as I lift my head to watch the toms as I chew the meat before swallowing it. I lay my ears back as I eye the black forms sprawled out at the edge of the shade then turn my attention back to my feast. The meat is tender and still warm, blood drips from my chin as I lift my head and chew another bite of meat.

Micah, Steven and Sam have taken me hunting. I had resisted at first until Micah had given a very vivid verbal description of a feed kill. The sudden need for meat still warm from the life that had flowed through it had filled me. I had agreed to his plan of driving out to the paddock where the cattle are kept before changing to cat form and hunting. Once there I had only hesitated a few moments before moving to the far side of the vehicle, placing my clothes inside on the front seat as I stripped, then changed to follow them. We found a group of vealers not too far inside the enclosure at the edge of the trees and Micah and Steven had made kills.

Now I eat from Steven’s kill while the three toms had eaten from the larger beast, both carcases are in the shade giving us some respite from the heat of late afternoon sun. Comfortably full I move away to lay in the dense shade beneath a bush under the tree cover, shortly Steven makes his way over and I hiss half-heartedly as he comes close to sniff at me. He purrs to me and I lash my tail side to side as I lay my ears back but make no noise. Slowly he edges closer and I chirp softly, he answers with soft murrs and I sniff towards him with interest. Finally he is close enough to lick my shoulder and he begins to groom me, I swish my tail with contentment as he finds an itchy spot.

A loud roar of anger announces Micah’s arrival as he slams into Steven knocking him away from me and I spring away from both toms, I bristle and hiss lowering my head before growling menacingly. Steven moves away at Micah’s very obvious displeasure but stops to watch as Micah turns his attention to me. I hiss and spit furiously at his approach as he eyes me with a predatory gleam. Sam roars angrily beside us and Micah drops his head as he begins a long couching roar that is meant to encourage me closer. When I remain where I am Micah grunts softly and moves closer, I avoid his friendly sniff and he steps forward to grab me by the scruff of the neck. I growl and try to pull away from him but he easily straddles my body, he hunches over me and I feel him brush against my opening as Sam and Steven roar angrily beside us.

I try to crawl out from beneath him and he lets me move forward before tightening his grip and moving forward and against me once again. I hiss as I clamp my tail down as he brushes against me and he moves his hind legs off my body as he grunts around the hold on my neck. Again he moves into position but I refuse once more and he releases his hold on me to snuffle around my ears apologetically, I growl in refusal and he grunts again before moving off me and beginning to groom me. I swivel my ears listening to him. Micah does not seem upset about my refusal to accept his sexual advances.

I glance at Micah and swish my tail as I think about my reaction. While I have no interest in any sexual activity his behaviour does not bother me. I close my eyes in enjoyment as Micah’s tongue moves up the side of my face and then I roll onto my back exposing my throat to Micah as I stretch my neck back. Sam grunts angrily as he stalks around us angling for a clear shot at Micah, I look at my brother and he pauses as he moves his ears forward and watches me inquiringly. Micah closes his mouth over my throat very gently for an instant before licking the soft fur and nuzzling around my ear. He stretches out beside me on his stomach and I roll onto my side before opening my eyes to watch Sam back off slightly even though he is still not appeased by Micah’s behaviour.

I wake from a light doze as a rough tongue grooms behind my ears and through the hair on the side of my neck. A moist nose nudges near my ear and warm breath blows making me start in surprise. Micah is lavishing attention on me as he grooms around my head and neck as well as nudging against me. He keeps up a continuous stream of soft grunts and coughs and I open my eyes to look at him. He is watching me hopefully but I lay my ears back and growl softly making him back off with his attentions.