Chapter 12

Micah’s story:

I glance at the lounge where Rosy lays on her side, a pillow under her head and a blanket tucked around her body. The deep even sound of her breathing tells me she is still asleep. She made herself comfortable on the lounge not long after eating a small supper and was soon asleep. The dark shadows under her eyes are still clearly visible but she seems to be sleeping soundly while Sam and Mitchell sit in front of the lounge leaning back against it. I study the way one of her hands rests on her lower stomach even in sleep as if to protect the life growing there.

"Where’s Rosy going to sleep tonight?" Sam asks his voice tinged with worry.

"Ray will probably try to sneak in to see where Rosy is," Baxter says coolly from a chair on the edge of the lounge room. "He will be hoping to find some evidence Missy here isn’t interested in Micah, that it is all just a ruse to keep your sister here against his wishes."

"Rosy will be sleeping in my bed," I state firmly. I have no intention of letting Ray gain any leverage in trying to take her from where she wants to be.

"What about me? I don’t like that lumpy old mattress on the floor in the cage room. Besides Rosy is asleep on the lounge. Can’t you just leave her here?" Donovan complains.

"We’re definitely going to have to take you out one night and get you fixed up with some young girl so you know exactly why Micah wants Rosy in his bed," Steven laughs quietly.

"There’ll be time enough to worry about that side of things when we have Rosy back to full health and feeling secure here," I say firmly.

"I’ve already been out with Beckie Taylor from school. She refuses to do more than kiss," Donny grumbles under his breath.

"Take her to a scary movie at the drive in," I advise.

"Why a scary movie?" Donny asks.

"So you can put your arm around her. If she doesn’t want to go, she’s not interested in you. Justin, you know any friendly girls with younger sisters?" I ask as I turn my head to look at him.

"Jacinta Perry is real friendly, if you know what I mean," Justin gives a faint laugh, "and her younger sister Mandy always asks how Donny is."

"See if they’ll go on a double date to the drive in and you take your girl for a walk during the movie," I mutter.

"Why don’t I have a bit of a chat to Celeste? It’s time she started trying out toms if she isn’t already," Steven says speaking of his own sister.

"You arrange for your sisters to … that’s sick," Rosy mutters. I look at her to find her awake and glancing between us uncomfortably.

"No. We make sure the tom doesn’t hurt them the first time - well anymore than it does at the start. And we make sure the tom wears a condom so there are no accidents. Only trouble is sometimes little sisters take it into their heads to pick out their own first tom and she gets more than she expects," Malcolm says. "The older a tom is the more well developed he becomes. Lotty wasn’t expecting to get fully stretched her first time and did a lot of squealing about it when your brother there worked his way into her."

"So the older a tom is the bigger his … thing is. You’re not going to expect me to let you … I’m already pregnant. That’s the aim of it isn’t it?" Rosy asks with a nervous laugh as her attention becomes focused on me.

"You won’t mind when I’ve used my tongue and fingers for a while. As I remember it you quite enjoyed that," I tell her. "Maybe I should do it to you again tonight just to see if you like it as much as I thought you did."