Chapter 22

••Sophie's p.o.v.••

" baby wake up. " I heard someone else's voice say and I didn't want to open my eyes.

" Sophie wake up. " the voice says again, and it sounds slightly familiar. " SOPHIE !"

My eyes snap open and I see auntie Eleanor standing above me. I start breathing right and she laughs at me.

" don't do that to me." I say and roll over. I pull the blankets over my head and try to go back to sleep.

" Sophie. The boys are on Skype. Plus it's almost 11:30. Rebecca had to leave because her grandma is in the hospital. Set old me to tell you she said bye." She says and I nod.

" let's go you lazy bum !" She says and pulls me out of bed. I groan and collapse to the floor, too tired to do anything.

" Sophie" she groans and I giggle. " get you but up or I'll drag you out there." I don't answer her and she huffs. She grabs my feet and pulls me into the lounge and mum looks at us like we are crazy.

" she wouldn't get out of bed so I pulled her off and she dropped to the floor and wouldn't get up, so I dragged her out." Mum laughs and then all the boys do, meaning they heard her.

" hi daddy !" I jump up and plop on mum. She groans but wraps her arms around me. I smile all innocently and uncle Niall rolls his eyes. Did I do something ?

••••

" what's up uncle Niall's butt ?" I whispered to mum. She bursted out laughing and my eyes widen. The boys look at us confused and I just show them a smile.

" I don't know. Why don't you ask him ?" She says and I look at her like she has a dragon head.

" that's like asking dad if I can see his mirror. " I say and she laughs again.

She grabs her phone and types on it. A minute later, dad took out his phone and looked at it. He looked at mum and shrugged. Am I missing something here ?

" what ?" I asked and they all laugh at me. What did I do.. Well actually uncle Niall didn't laugh. He just stared blankly.

" Niall. Mate, what's wrong ?" Uncle Liam asked and he just got out of his seat and walked out of the room. " or not answer me.." He says sighing.

" I feel like he's mad at me.." I say and look at my lap, laying with my own fingers.

" don't think that ! You never know. He might just be in a bad mood and is taking it out on everyone... Just you more." Uncle Harry says and I don't look up.

" I'll go talk to him." Uncle Liam says and the boys nod. He gets up and walks out of the room.

" so how's everything going ? Is you leg better ?" Uncle Louis asked and looked up.

" it's a little better. I mean, it still kinda hurts but it looks cool !" I say and they laugh at me.

" really ? Can we see it later ?" He asked and I nodded.

" when is your next concert ?" Auntie Eleanor asked and smiles popped on their faces. I always knew that no matter what, they loved singing and performing.

" it's in-"

" we always have to Skype her ! I mean what if I don't want to and I want to go to a club ! That's what we used to do when we were on tour. After a concert we would mess around, but ever since she joined the family we haven't been to one ! We have to Skype her instead because she misses us ! " we all heard uncle Niall yell and tears formed in my eyes.

He doesn't want me in the family. They don't do what they used to anymore, because of me. They are forced to Skype me..

" Sophie.. Don't you dare listen to him. " mum said and tears fell from my cheeks. I mean, how can I not listen to him ? He said it loud and clear.

" is- is it true ?" I asked looking at them. Dad's face showed pain and sadness.

" no. Never. I mean, yes we haven't been to any clubs yet, but that's his choice. If he doesn't want to Skype with us, he doesn't have to.. Sophie. Don't listen to him. He's being a butthole. " dad says and it makes me feel a little better.

" don't cry..." Uncle Harry says and auntie Dani reaches and wipes the tears off my cheeks. I wanted to cry more, but I forced them to stay in. I don't want them to be upset because of me crying.

I nod and give him a weak smile. He sends me one back and uncle Louis poked his dimple.

" oi !" He yelled and I giggled. I could tell dad was trying to keep in his laughter, but failed.. Badly. All of us girls started laughing with them.

Uncle Liam came back in with a red face. You could obviously tell he was angry. " you okay there Li ?" Auntie Dani asked looking at him worriedly.

" yeah... Sorry. Niall is making me really mad. He shouldn't have said any of that. I'm so sorry you had to hear that Sophie. He's just stressed don't listen to him. Okay ? We would rather Skype you than go to a club." He says and I nod.

" smile small child !" Uncle Louis yells and I giggle. " yay !"

" Lou. No need to be so loud, your gonna kill my ears !" Uncle Harry says covering his ears with is freakishly large hands. I giggle again and everyone laughs.

" Sophie, lunch !" I heard auntie Eleanor yell to me and my ears perked up.

" Oh my god ! That's so cute ! Her eyes just lit up when Eleanor mentioned food !" Uncle Louis cooed and I blushed. I covered my face with my hands and ran into the kitchen.

" them boys making fun of you ?" She asked and I nodded. She placed my sandwich and chips in front of me and I smiled.

" thank you." I say and hug her. She chuckles and hugs me back.

" anytime darling. I'm gonna go out there. You okay in here ?" She asked and I nodded. She smiled and walked out to go Skype the boys.

I mean, who could blame her for wanting to. She would always see them, and now she only sees them on a computer screen. If I knew them for as long as they did, I would probably be worse than how I am now. I don't know how they do it. It amazes me.

Once I finish, I throw my plate away and rush out to the room again. I jump on mums lap and she chuckles.

" have a good lunch ?" She asked and I nodded. " did you thank auntie Eleanor ?" She asked again and I nodded, again.

" yeah, gave me a hug and everything." She says and uncle Louis pouts.

" no fair. I want to hug Eleanor. " he says and fake sobs into uncle Harry. I giggle and hug auntie Eleanor.

" HA !" Me and her say and he fake sobs even louder. We giggle and you could see uncle Harry laughing, just by the way his chest is moving, and how uncle Louis' head is going up and down.

" why did we have to go on tour ?" Uncle Liam asked, running his hand through his hair and sighing.

" because it's your job babe." Auntie Dani says and we nod at them.

" I knowwww. I just hate being away from you guys." He says and the boys nod in agreement.

" we have about 2 months. I bet you time will fly by fast. Then we can all see each other ! Just 60 days ! And 8 weeks. Just because your not close physically, your still close mentally." I say and point to my heart.

" see ! This little nine year old shouldn't be so wise !" Uncle Harry says and they all nod.

" I didn't even think of that and I'm 21.." Dad says and everyone laughs at him.

" smart little child.." Uncle Liam says and I just blush, smiling.

I mean it's the truth. Even when they aren't close, they actually are. They will always be in your heart, the closest they will ever be. Your never really alone. And that's why I can, at moments, be without them for a little. It takes practice and believing.