Chapter 14

••••two months later••••

••Sophie's p.o.v.••

Me and Rebecca have been having play dates almost every day. Sometimes I'm at her house and sometimes she is at mine. Me and Rebecca can't hang out today because daddy is leaving tomorrow. Mum said we should spend all day together before he leaves. I agreed without a second thought.

" come on Sophie ! We are leaving !" Mums voice echoed through the house.

" one minute ! I just need to grab my shoes !" I say back and I heard an ' okay ' afterwards.

I slip on my boots and ran to mum and dad. They smiled at me and we went to the car. We all got in an drive to breakfast. We were going out with everyone today.

I play on mums iPad until we get there. Mum unbuckles me and let's me down. I run into the restaurant and look for one of my uncles or aunts. I spotted uncle Harry and started to run over to him. I stopped when I saw Devon.

" Sophie !" I heard uncle Harry say and I just looked at them. Devon gave a dirty look when Harry wasn't looking at I started to back away. I ran into dad and stopped. He knelt down so he was the same hight as me and looked at me.

" Sophie. What's wrong ?" He asked and I tore my eyes away from uncle Harry and Devon.

" why is Devon here ? She- she. She was mean to me daddy." I say looking at his brown eyes.

" uncle Harry invited her honey. " dad says and moved my hair out of my face. I just nod and he stands up. I cling onto his arm as we walk toward them.

" hey Sophie ! " uncle Niall said once he saw me.

" hi uncle Ni !" I say and uncle Harry pouts.

" why didn't I get a hi ?" He said looking at me.

" because." I say and sat down in between daddy and Niall. He smiled at me and uncle Harry looked at me weirdly. Kind of confused I guess you could say.

" soph. What's up? When I saw you yesterday, we were having fun having a tea party. And now today your acting weird. " uncle Harry says.

" yeah. He even told me he didn't hasn't hung out with Devon in a while because he wanted to spend time with you." Uncle Niall says when Devon left to go to the bathroom.

" uncle Harry. Why is Devon here ?" I asked him. He looked at me and realization struck in his eyes.

" well, it's my last time I'll see her for 6 months. I wanted to be with her for a little before we left. She doesn't hate you. I promise." He explains and I just nod, even though thoughts of her giving me a dirty look flashed through my head.

I nodded and then had a sudden urge to have to pee. I poked mum and she looked at me. " I have to pee." I whisper and she nods. We both get out of our seats and walk to the bathroom. Mum stops halfway there.

" I forgot my phone. Stay right here okay ?" She says and I nod. I lean up against the wall and wait for her.

" Sophie." I heard a voice say and saw Devon walk over to me. " you listen, and you listen good. You stay away from Harry. He is mine. You got it ? He has been ditching me to play tea party with you. How pathetic. But stay away from him. Get it." She said and all I did was nod.

Did I ever tell you I was scared of her ? I didn't. Well now I did. The way her face is.. I don't even know. If looks could kill, I would have been dead the first day.

" sweetie. What's wrong ?" Mum said wiping my cheeks. I didn't even realize that I was crying.

" n-nothing." I stutter. I don't want any fights on our last day.

" baby. I know something's wrong. Why were you crying ? " she asked and I knew I couldn't get out of this one.

" please. I don't want any fighting mummy. " I say after I explain what happened with Devon.

Uncle Harry once asked me why I don't call her auntie Devon. I did reply. I just ran away from him. The reason I don't is because I don't see her as a aunt to me. I don't like her and she doesn't like me. Plain and simple.

" let's go to the bathroom now. Okay ?" She says and I nod. She grabs my hand and we walk to the bathrooms.

••

" let's see Bad Grandpa !" Louis yells but then realizes that I'm with them too.

" we can't. Sophie can't watch those kind of movies. " Liam said and Devon groans.

" why does she have to be with us again ?!" She says and I looked down at my feet.

" because her FATHER and UNCLES are leaving for tour tomorrow ! She should be able to spend time with them before they leave !" Mum shoots back at her.

" well I want to do FUN STUFF , but we can't because of her !" Devon yells louder, drawing attention from people in the mall.

" Devon. Please, people are looking." Uncle Harry says.

" I just want to spend time with my boyfriend before he leaves ! I want to have fun ! " Devon says ignoring uncle Harry.

I walk away from them and sit on a chair. I could still hear them but I didn't listen as much. I played with my hair and braided it, then took it out, then braided it, then took it out.

" hey soph. I'm sorry about Devon..." Uncle Harry says kneeling down in front of me. I shrug and continue to play with my hair. " Sophie. " he says and I look at him. " I know what she did to you. Your mum said it. It kinda slipped out. We want you to know that even if your with us, you make it fun. Sure we can't go see some movies. But that doesn't mean this day hasn't been fun. I- uh- I broke up with Devon. " I looked at him.

" you did ?" I asked surprised.

" yeah. She shouldn't treat you that way. And if she doesn't like that I love my niece more than her and that I like to spend time with my niece than she shouldn't be dating me. I'm sorry that it took me this long. " he says and I hug him.

" it's okay uncle Harry. I'm sorry you had to break up with her because of me. I didn't mean to get in the way." I say and look at my lap.

" hey, hey, hey. No. You didn't get in the way. You weren't the cause of our break up. Don't think that. She doesn't treat my family right. She doesn't treat them how they treat her. She's rude and she doesn't deserve to be apart of our family. It wasn't your fault Sophie. Don't think it was. Ever. " he says and I smile. I kiss his cheek and he hugs me.

" I- I love you uncle Harry." I say in his neck.

" I love you too Sophie." He says and i smile. We pull out of the hug and he stands up. " how about we go watch the movie Frozen ? Uncle Louis and uncle Niall want to see it too. " he says and I nod.

I go to stand up from my seat but he throws me over his shoulder and carries me over to the rest of them. I giggled and tried to punch his back. It was no use so I stopped. I heard laughing knew they all saw me.

" can we go see the movie now ? This is very uncomfortable. You have boney shoulders." My small voice says and they chuckle again.

" let's go ." Dad, I think, says and then uncle Harry starts walking to the movie room. We all sit in the seats all the way in the back and wait for the movie to start.

Even though Devon caused a lot of fighting and crying today.. It was a pretty good day. I'm just gonna miss them so much. 6 months without you dad and uncles is a long time.