I gotz da Timetable!

CHAPTER 16: TIMETABLES

We walked over to the mainboard and searched, I looked at Daniel and he raised his hands and his fingers, which are risen up, are seven, the ones, which are down means those don’t count. I now know we are in grade seven. I go to the section where a huge green block with the number seven is. I see the papers on the board and I search for LEO FLAMES. I find my name and when I look down to see the other names that are going to be with me in my class and I realize I don’t know any of them, except Daniel and Alice. I gape at the name ALICE GREENS. I never knew her real last name. I memorize the room number, floor and grade. 3RD FLOOR. 406. GR 7.

I walked with Daniel two floors up and we found the door. We opened it and people are like literally all over the place. I noticed the teacher was gone somewhere and some kid is sitting in the teacher chair with her legs on the table.

She grinned at me then screamed, “NEW KID! GET TO YA SEATS AND SHOW HIM AROUND,” and then she added, “DON’T FORGET THE RULES!”

My jaw dropped open when the other kids, who looked buffer then her but I guess not as buff as me, who looked bigger and stronger then her, obeyed.

First three girls take me to the girls side where everywhere I looked there was a girl, they told me the rules and I thought,

“Why rules? I thought this was a free country,” I was relieved when they broke off and sent me to the guy’s side. There was a guy who looked like the leader and he had a surprisingly high-pitched voice.

“Look, I may not sound tough but I’m telling you-” he got cut off when Alice opened the door and grumpily sat down in a desk nobody sat on. The boy who got cut off by Alice was trembling with fear. The girl who was sitting on the teacher’s desk just looked expressionless. All the fun sounds and noise was dead silent.

“What?” Alice demanded.

Nobody spoke so I spoke up, “Nothing.”

Everybody’s eyes were turned on me and I felt my cheeks burning and I knew I was blushing. Then it was like a miracle when the door opened and a really old woman came in, she had grey blue eyes and really long eyelashes but her black hair was done in a bun.

She looked at me and grinned. “Looks like someone’s here at the right time and right place,” she said in a croaky voice but reassured that today would be peaceful.

Everybody sat in his or her spot and I was left standing up. I saw Daniel sitting next to a really skinny boy with round glasses. Then the teacher saw I was in a confused state so she got up and put her hands on my shoulders and steered me to Alice’s seat.

The teacher got to her deck and announced, “Reading for forty minutes or… draw.” she hesitated

Alice glared at me and I wrote on a piece of paper saying; I’m Ever So Sorry.  She looks at the note and her face finally floods with blood because when I saw Alice, her face was drained with color. She writes back; Hmm... Don’t mess with anyone. I am only going to talk to you when it’s needed. I don’t want to ever talk to anyone. Kate and Lily left the school to join your other friend. Don’t question and there will be no harm done. Oh and welcome to the school.

I stare at it and I see her expression pleading for me to do what she says so I have to write yes. After the forty minutes, which felt like forty years, was over.

The teacher got up and said, “Hello class! Welcome back! And Welcome to the school those who are new. Some of you know me, and some of you don’t. My name is Miss. Trez,” she said smiling. I just sit there expressionless; don’t know whether to be happy or angry. It was frustrating how the teacher ignores you for forty minutes then suddenly something clicks her back to sense so she can be a teacher. I chose to be happy because the teacher looked at me, and it was like she was telling me to get up.

She wrote the lessons we would have on the board, which said; English, Math, Science, Drama, Music, Food Tech, Break, Art and any language we would like to learn. I am stunned by the awesome handwriting. And I wish I could write like that so my parents could be proud, oh no…  I was so close to burst into tears. I excuse my self from the classroom and walk into the huge hall. I walk down and I hear a door open behind me, and footsteps, then I hear the footsteps stop. I turn around and see Alice.

“You are right to ignore me but if you can just listen this once,” I said sounding hurt.

Alice cut me off the moment I said ‘once’.

“THERE IS NO REASON TO TALK TO ME WHEN YOU HAVE ALREADY DISOBEYED ME!” she thundered.

I suddenly get afraid but then after a few seconds I become furious, I really don’t know why though, and I shout at her too.

“WELL YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO SCREAM AT ME AND WHAT THE JUICE ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT DISOBEYING YOU!” I bellowed at her. I looked at her for a moment and our eyes met, she looked like a pale, young, skinny, helpless young girl who never did any sin in her life, but then it all changed, her wonderful green eyes sparkle then suddenly turn a shade of dark green then red.

A teacher came between us and three teachers took me to a room and two other teachers took Alice. I was enraged and there was a war going out in my brain, because I was pretty sure I was going to blow up any second. The teachers who were taking me didn’t even look like teachers because two of them were buff men with uni-brows, they were twins I guessed, with bald heads, and the other one was a lady with really crazy orange curls, she was holding an iPad and making a huge list, I was impressed but then remembered I was very angry and enraged but I ha drained every ounce of my strength to struggle out of these buff twins but they wont even budge. I gave up as soon as they held me tighter, so I can’t really escape now.

It made me grin very broad because I was so drained all I could do was grin and it annoyed the buff twins so much that they punched my face when crazy curls wasn’t looking. My nose started bleeding and the pain shot up inside me and I wondered whether somebody would save me? Or where are my parents? Where am I being led? All these questions popped into my head while we were walking. I really didn’t have any answers to the questions so I focused on my bleeding nose. It pained but I wasn’t going to show my weaknesses to the buff twins.

When Crazy curls saw my nose bleeding, her face became very pale and screamed a very high-pitched screech,

“WHAT DID YOU DO TO THE POOR BOY?” she had some kind of control over the twin buffs and one quietly said,

“But he was-” But crazy curls came to my rescue and looked very stern,

“I don’t want any but’s” when she said that I grinned but bit my lip and tried to hold back laughter,

“And I don’t want anyone punching anyone, now look at the poor clean floor the school’s been keeping… Drained with spots of blood now,” She tsk-tsk’s before she enters another door.