Charlie, Oh Charlie

CHAPTER 14: CHARLIE

I wake up and I look at the clock, its 6:12 am. I get up and I am in my pajamas. I can’t remember anything. I walk downstairs and everyone is eating breakfast, I finally realize that today was my first day of school. Everybody smiles at me, I see my mother and father and I almost trip on the stairs. I am so glad to see them again, even saying goodbye on my first day of the new school! I hug them so hard they said,

“Are you trying to crush our ribs?”

I laugh and everyone else laughed.

My mom told me to put on the clothes, when I went up I saw Alice in a blue skirt and blue shirt. The logo looked familiar with an eagle on it. I just smiled and nodded at her and she just looked very angry. I wondered why but I was too busy changing into a grey pair of shorts and black t-shirt, the buttons were so hard to do because my mom was saying,

“THE BUS IS GOING TO LEAVE LEO!” I rushed through and got my bags and said bye to my parents.

I left to the bus with George, Alex and Alice. We climbed into it and kids with the same dull uniform were with us, except the girls of course, and they all had fearful faces when Alice walked by them. It looked like Alice wasn’t in her ‘great moods’. I just sat down with a boy that wore glasses. I guessed he was Australian because of his accent.

“Hello mate, looks like you’re a newbie. Finally starting a long dull year…. Again..” the boy sighed.

“Again?” I said shocked, in brooks field nothing really happened but there were a few interesting experiments they did in science, that I would too have a boring year.

“Yeh.. quite right their mate.. Oh no.. that girl... she’s looking… at us.. she’s up for her bullying… AGAIN… Well its life… I guess..” He  said fearfully but then he sighed. I looked to where he was looking and I saw Alice with Kate and Lily looking at us like we did something horrible, but they were right.

I just casually turned my head and asked the boy, “What’s your name? My names Leo..”

The boy brightened to finally be asked his name, “Well mate, my names Charlie,” The boy said happily. I shook his hand and he started describing how the school month would be.

I wasn’t listening to him because I was in my own world. I kept thinking what happened to Alice and why Kate and Lily also looked as deathly as her. I wondered how school would be without a month of my parents. I couldn’t bear it. Only 2 days of weekends and 2 weeks of school.

It alerted me when Charlie said ‘Bear tree’.

I asked him, “What? What bear tree?” He looked at me as he already knew I wasn’t listening. I was ashamed but I insisted I was listening so Charlie told me again the long story.