Wait.. I blacked out?

CHAPTER 13: I BLACKED OUT?

I woke up in a bed, I look around and I see blurred faces. Someone gives me a glass of water and I accept it. I had no idea what was going on. I shake my head and everything is a bit clearer.

I ask, “Where’s Andrea Hudson?”

A familiar voice says, “She’s coming, just gone to register you in the hospital and pay for the fees,” My eyes finally see the faces, Alex, George, Kate, Lily, Steve, Julie and Alice. My eyes become wider, “What happened? Who won?” Everybody struggles to find the  right words.

Finally Alice speaks up, “Well, Max kind of beat you up because he was losing and he is a much worse bully then me, I tried to throw him too but he was quite an elephant,” she said simply.

I look at her and I smile weakly, “Where’s Snowflake?” I look around for her and I hear a familiar bark. I try to get up and I fall down, I hear gasps.

“Don’t just stand their people, help him,” I hear Alice ordering everyone and helping me get up. I thank her and I hug Snowflake.

I cough and question, “Where are my parents?” everybody struggles and even Alice struggled to find the right answer.

“They didn’t come did they?” I say sadly. Alice nods her head slowly and everyone else does too.

I sit down on the floor and I don’t know what to think. Everyone is shooed by the nurse except Alice, she sits beside me.

Alice asks, “I’ll help you because you helped me.”

“How will you help me if I have never helped you?” I say weakly.

“Because you have helped me in so many ways, to lessen bullying…” She struggled to find other reasons but then she said and grinned, “and helped me find a new friend..”

She got up and left.

I sat their wondering who was her new friend but I put that out of my mind and wondered if my parents would come next week on Saturday. I went to the nurse and asked if I got a letter from my parents and she said yes. I was glad to at least get one letter. She handed me a letter and I opened it. I read it and it said:

Dear Leo,

I heard you got hurt, I hope you get well. We both love you so much and we have good news and bad news. Tomorrow you’re starting your new school, we already bough your uniform you need. The bad news is that we have to extend our work because our boss said we are good at this job so we are so sorry! I  hope you don’t mind but I promise we’re coming soon. About that girl named Alice…. Don’t hang out with her in school…. I advise you.

See you soon, Love you,

Dad XXXOOO

My eyes almost pop out and I wonder why. I can’t believe I have to wait for my parents again and my school starting tomorrow!? I can’t cry I’m too heartbroken to. I go to the doctor and I see Andrea Hudson sitting in a chair so I sit beside her. She smiles at me, I knew she was trying to cheer me up but I couldn’t think of anything right now.

“So, Leo… Leo is your name right?” the doctor asks me and I nod my head, “You had a fight? Well you fractured your right wrist…” I hadn’t noticed that my wrist had a glove thing on it. I am shocked inside but I just stare at it outside. The doctor said I could leave so I left happily outside but inside I was very sad.

CHAPTER 13: HOME ALONE

Aunt Andrea leaves me at her house with Julie, George, Alex, Tom and Alice. She had to go get some groceries and buy things for the house. Alice’s mother had to go too so she had left Alice and Alice’s sister behind and went with Aunt Andrea.

Everybody questioned me, but all I said was, “I don’t know what happened, I had a black out…” I watched them play games and insisted I was fine with watching them play. After a while everyone got tired of playing, we sat down with me.

Alice’s sister soon became best friends with me because the games that they were playing were very complicated games for her. She kept talking and talking and talking like I was her age. She was only 7 so what could I say? She seemed so happy to talk to me.

I got up and ask, Alice’s sister, “So do you want a sandwich and a glass of lemonade?” she nodded her head and started talking to Snowflake. I was glad to be away from her chatting, I went and asked everyone else if they wanted sandwiches and lemonade. They all said yes but George came to join me in making the sandwiches and lemonade.

I made the lemonade and he made the sandwiches. George made great sandwiches and that’s why I was glad that he was helping me. When he was done he watching me squeeze the lemon.

He said, “Dude, you’re so good at squeezing lemons!” he exclaimed. I said,

“Not as good as our mothers,” we both laugh.

I walk down with the plate of sandwiches and George carried the tray of lemonade. Everyone came and sat down on the carpet floor with a plate. I gave each and everyone two sandwiches and one glass of lemonade.

When we were done and stuffed, Alex exclaimed, “Georgie! You have never made this good lemonade in your whole life!” Everybody started talking about how good the food was. George smiled at me and I grinned.

“Ok who thinks I made the sandwiches? Raise your hand!” I order them. Everyone raises his or her hand except for Alice’s sister. I grin at her and she smiles broadly.

Then George asks, “Who thinks I made the lemonade?” everyone raised his or her hand again except Alice this time.

I say, “Are you sure?” everyone nods except for Alice and her sister.

I grin even wider than ever. “I made the lemonade and George made the-“ I was interrupted by a creaking sound. Everybody turned to where they thought it came from. Snowflake growled then a growl came back. Snowflake came to me and whimpered. I walk to the door and open it fearfully. Everyone followed me as quietly as they could. We were all scared out of our pants.

George, Alex, Alice, Alice’s sister, Julie stopped and told me to go on and see if it was clear. I walked on in the hallway, creaking sounds everyone, growling, howls, whimpering all at the same time. Then every thing went black. It was all jet black. I couldn’t see anything. I heard faint screaming and I guessed they were saying,

“LEO!!!!” then I couldn’t hear anything but silence.