NEW STORY

Hello everyone! Thank you so much for reading my story Stay! I never thought I could complete a story like that but I did! That being said I have grown tremendously as a writer and I hope that can be seen the farther you read into Stay!

I have recently started a new story called Broken Pasts, But Bright Futures. I am super excited about this story and I cannot wait to continue writing it and continue to learn more about how to develop a story.

Below is the preview as well as the prologue for th story. I would love it if you could go check it out in my works! :)

Thanks so much for reading Stay, I hope you liked my writing and I hope you will like this new story even more because I know I do :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BROKEN PASTS, BUT BRIGHT FUTURES:

Kyla never thought she'd be alone. She never dreamt that her life would be driven so far off the path she had so carefully planned out. She never thought she would end up with a certain boy by her side. She never thought any of that would happen to someone like her.  

Blake never thought someone else's pain could hurt him so much. He never thought he would have to rethink everything that happened, everything he tried so hard to put behind him. He never thought he'd be in the relationship he ended up in. He never thought anything like this could happen to someone like him.  

But now they are in it until the end, or at least that's what it feels like. They want to be there for each other, but what if they can't? What if they can't let themselves be happy? They have each been through so much, can they move on and accept each other's comfort?  What happens when the past influences the future?

PROLOGUE:

Kyla's POV

"Kyla! Hurry up sweetie! We need to get going!" Kyla's mom called from downstairs. Kyla quickly took one last look around her room, making sure she had gotten everything. Her family was finally moving out of their boring farmhouse for a house closer to the city, otherwise known as Chicago.

Kyla made one more sweep through her closets and bathroom and finally lugged all of her stuff down the stairs. Her family had been packing up everything for the past couple weeks, but today was when everything was officially being moved and they wouldn't be coming back to this house ever again.

"Finally, I thought you were never going to come down!" Kyla's dad said, reaching over to ruffle her hair, but she avoided his reach. She was 18 and hated when her dad still treated her like a little kid.

"I'm just happy to finally get out of here," Kyla mumbled, pushing past her parents and out to the already jam packed car. She threw her stuff in the back and climbed in to her usual spot behind the drivers seat. She kicked her Ugg clad feet up on the row next to her and settled in for the three hour drive to their new home.

Most people would be upset they were leaving their childhood home in the middle of their senior year to go live somewhere completely new, but Kyla didn't mind. She had a few friends she was leaving behind, or acquaintances rather, basically nobody she couldn't live without. She didn't have a boyfriend or anything like that to hold her back, not anymore anyway, so why shouldn't she be excited? This was a whole new adventure and she was ready to get a fresh start at a new school after Christmas Break was over.

"Ready to go?" her mom asked, getting in the passenger side and turning to smile back at her.

"As ready as can be," Kyla replied, giving her mom a half smile and plugging in her headphones. She hit play and soon the world faded away around her as the bass and guitar riffs filled her head and she got lost in the worlds sung by people she was never going to meet but could relate to so well.