Chapter 27- Friends, Meet My Girlfriend

(A/N)- EVERYOEN MEETS EVERYONE! Well except Ryan and Rach, but they meet the friends next chapter! I am so excited for you all to meet Nick, Tess, Ben and especially ASHLEY!! She isn't as mean as y'all think! ;) Please vote and comment! I love to read what you think!

-Hannah :)

-Dedication to _soontobebritish because her stories are AMAZING! :) 

------------

Evan’s POV:

“Evan!”

“My main man, bro get out here!”

“What’s up, Ev!”

Right when I walked out the door on Sunday morning, I heard numerous greetings being thrown in my direction. Nick practically tackled me to the ground and once he got out of the way I said hello to Ben and Tessa who strolled up hand in hand as usual.

Ashley was behind them and I could tell she wasn’t sure how to act so I decided to be the nice one and say hello first, “Hey Ash.”

“Hi, Evan.”

We both stared at each other and her blue eyes stared right back into mine. For a moment I almost forgot why I didn’t like her anymore, only for a moment though, then I remembered and I could barely stop myself form flat out asking her why she was here.

“Man I am STARVING! Got any food around here?” Nick asked me pulling me back inside.

“You would be the one to just walk into a house and ask for food,” Tessa teased him poking his stomach.

“And I will be the best friend who gladly goes along to get free food!” Ben exclaimed following Nick and his girlfriend into the kitchen.

“How’d I know to make extra eggs and bacon this morning?” I heard my dad joke as he handed each boy a plate, Tessa declined one saying she would mooch off of Ben which led to them bickering over who gets the most bacon.

I leaned against the couch and watched the scene unfold in front of me. I don’t know why I had been so nervous yesterday, my friends really were great. I had been worried they would act differently because we were here, but so far they have been the same old friends I left behind in Wisconsin.

“Hey Evan, can I talk to you for a second?” I heard Ashley ask from behind me. She was standing by the back doors and had her hand on the handle, ready to go.

Not really, I thought, but I nodded yes and told the rest that I would be back to show them around town later.

Ashley smiled thankfully and I followed her down to the beach. She didn’t say anything so I waited for her to start. Who knew what she wanted to talk about, it could be something like how it was such a nice place to be or she could want me to explain why birds fly south every winter. With Ashley, you never really knew.

“I want to apologize.”

Well that was not what I was expecting. “I’m sorry?” I asked, thinking I couldn’t of heard her correctly.

“Evan, I am sorry. About how I ended things between us. We had such a good relationship and then I just left you when you needed me and I felt terrible! I tried to talk to you, at the funeral, you wouldn’t even look at me though!”

“Well could you blame me, Ash? You freaking broke up with me, the DAY AFTER my mom DIED!” I yelled at her and for a second I saw fear flash across her face at the volume of my voice. I sighed and shook my head, “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have yelled like that.”