Chapter 24- Secret Messages and Sweet Moments

(A/N)- Hello my lovely readers!! I hope you like this chapter...the beginning is a little boring but it will come into play later!! ;) And the end....oh gosh I just love writing these scenes! haha I hope you enjoy!! please comment and vote!! :)

And the external link takes you to Maria's outfit :)

Dedicated to NiallLover93 for the sweet comment on this chapter :)

-Hannah

-----------------

Chapter 24:

Evan’s POV:

“Tommy and Jack, come on! We have to go!” I pleaded with my brothers, trying to deter them away from spending any more money on the games at the mini golf place.

We had played two whole rounds on both sets of 18 holes and then spent another half an hour playing on the arcade games in the main building and they still weren’t ready to go.

“One more time, please Evan!” Tommy asked.

“Just one more! I have to beat Tommy for the win!” Jack asked hopefully. They had been racing each other on the car driving game and so far they had each won twice.

“Okay, okay fine. But this is the LAST time got it!” I made them agree before handing over the required quarters.

“They’re adorable.” I heard a female voice from behind me say. I turned to see a girl my age standing behind the counter.

“Yeah, occasionally,” I joked.

“I’m Claire, by the way,” she said leaning forward on the counter.

“Evan,” I said politely back.

“You from around here?”

“No, Wisconsin actually. We are staying in McClellanville for the summer though.”

“Sounds fun. I wish my family went on vacation in the summer. We just stay here.”

I don’t know why that was so bad, I mean I would love to live in a coastal town year round. But I guess if you lived there, then it wouldn’t be exciting after awhile.

“Is Wisconsin fun?” Claire asked after I didn’t reply to her previous statement.

“It’s alright, there are mostly just outdoor activities to do like hiking, canoeing, and boating, stuff like that.”

“I’d love to go canoeing! That sounds like a blast! Maybe you could teach me some time?” Claire said leaning even closer to Evan.

“Oh, I would be a terrible teacher, but you should still try it sometime. It is a blast.”

Did she really just say that? That was very…confident. But I’m not really into confident girls,  I like the shy ones, or at least I do now. Maria was cute and bashful almost. She was perfect, the complete opposite of Claire here, no offense to her.

“So…do you want-“

“I think I should take my brothers home now. We need to be back for dinner, but it was nice meeting you, Claire,” I told her, adding the pleasantry, trying to make up for just leaving her; even though all I wanted was to get home so I could see Maria.

“Nice to meet you too, Evan,” she replied with a smile, but I could tell she was disappointed.

“Come on boys, your game should be done by now,” I called.

“Coming!” an excited Tommy exclaimed. Jack trailed behind him looking glum. Looks like Tommy ended up winning.

“You guys ready to head home and have dinner?”