#32

04/23/2017

Why.

I woke up with her sleeping soundly in my arms. I couldn't blame her. We got back to her condo late last night.

I carefully got up to cook and prepare.

No, I didn't have practice today but I had a lot of things to do for today. Thankfully, Mika said she also has to go to her family today. It gave me some time to set everything properly.

After cooking brunch since it was already late and taking a bath, I decided to finally wake Mika up.

I knelt beside the bed and spent a few moments to memorize the beauty that was in front of me. She really was beautiful. There was a smile playing on her lips and I felt elated knowing that she slept with that gorgeous smile because of me.

I kissed her softly to wake her up.

"Good morning, Babe!" 

She blinked a few times before giving me another dazzling smile. "Good morning."

"Rise and shine, sleepy head. Let's eat. I cooked your favorite."

"Pancakes?" she asked hopefully.

"Pancakes," I confirmed.

Her face broke into a full grin and she hastily got up to wash up. I waited for her in the kitchen.

When she came out of the bathroom, her excited demeanor was somehow replaced; she was solemn.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked as I stood up and opened my arms.

She hesitated for a split second before she stepped towards me. I engulfed her in a hug.

"What's wrong, Babe?" I asked worriedly.

"Nothing, Babe," she whispered.

"Mika," I said firmly. I didn't like her to keep things from me. Not anymore.

She gave me a small smile as she stepped backwards. 

"I'll tell you later, okay? Kain na muna tayo?"

I was undecided but she squeezed my hand.

"I love you."

I sighed. "I love you, too."

I let it go then because she said she'd tell me. I believe her. Besides, I needed to make sure today will be perfect. 

After our brunch, I was the one to leave first. 

"I'll see you later, okay?" 

She nodded gravely. I frowned.

But then she smiled for me. "Sa condo mo ba?" she asked.

I nodded. "Mga 5pm siguro free na ako, Babe."

"Okay."

We kissed goodbye. But somehow, her kiss was a lot needier. Like she didn't want me to go.

"Hey," I whispered as I leaned my forehead against hers. "I love you. Whatever the problem is, you can tell me. I'm here."

"Alam ko. I love you, too. And I'll tell you. I just need more courage, Babe."

I nodded to show her I understood. When she was ready to tell, we would face the problem together.

I kissed her one more time with all the love I could give.