#5

01/27/2017

I hated her even less today.

She dropped off Jollibee food in my office with a note saying:

Thank you for spending time with me last night. - Babe 💚

I laughed at her effort of using green pen for the heart that she wrote.

I shook my head and decided to think of the whole thing as amusing. After all, I did tell her I'd set aside the fact that she was blackmailing me. 

For a moment, I forgot again the pain I was feeling because Den was still gone.

01/28/2017

She made me laugh today.

I wasn't sleeping. It was 12 a.m. I couldn't believe it was already the 28th but Den and I were still not okay.

3 years and 5 months. That's how long we were supposed to be together but she was no longer beside me. I tried calling her, texting her, and seeing her but Den ignored me.

In fact, I knew that she was travelling with LA now. It fucking hurt. I could feel hot tears forming on my eyes.

But then, my phone rang.

My heart was filled with hope thinking it was Den. But it got crushed when I saw Mika's name instead. Still, I answered.

She was singing on the other line. Horribly. On purpose.

"Are you drunk?" I asked, stopping her.

"Grabe. Sinusubukan ko na ngang i-cheer up ka. Sama mo sakin," she said.

"I-cheer up dahil?"

"Nag-stalk ako, Babe."

I rolled my eyes at that even if she couldn't see it.

"Monthsary niyo ni Den dapat?"

My heart clenched, reminded of how painful Den's absence was making me feel.

"Y-yeah," my voice was breaking.

"Kaya nga kinakantahan na lang kita."

I frowned. "How's that supposed to help me?"

"Sa ganda ng boses ko, makakalimutan mo ang sakit."

I laughed when she started singing. She sounded so serious. But her singing was horrible.

"S-stop," I said, holding back my laughter. "Ang sakit mo sa tainga."

"But at least, I made you laugh."

I smiled fondly. She did. She made me happy even just for a while.

She wasn't so bad after all.

01/29/2016

She kept me entertained today.

I didn't see her or anything but she kept sending me cat and dog videos. Sometimes panda. Really cute! Super duper cute!

The animal videos! Not Mika!

Okay. Maybe Mika was cute.

But just a little bit. A super tiny bit.

Cute.

01/30/2017

Oh, God. An image of her got stuck in my head.